𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤 | Tighnari

(pic was made by waternaeng on twitter)

Tighnari x sick gender neutral reader

Requested by @Yuilesmollbeanuwu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You get up and out of bed, feeling nauseous and completely out of it. In other words, you felt like utter crap. 

You have been feeling like this for a few days now, and no medicine or pain reliever has been able to do its job. Heck, somehow nobody has been able to notice how you have huge bags under your eyes from the lack of sleep, and how fatigue and exhaustion has become your biggest obstacle whenever you are doing your daily tasks in the Avidya Forest.

But that's a good thing, right? 

You really didn't want anyone to know you were ill. Especially not the forest rangers and watchers.

And most definitely not Tighnari. Him, of all people, would make a huge fuss about it. If he found out, you're likely going to be scolded for hours on end.

"Hey, Y/n, let's go head out on patrol."

Speak of the devil. You almost forgot that he always checks up on you before you both leave to go out on patrol. That cunning fox never misses a single detail, both in his work and his schedule, and that's why you know he'll be difficult to calm down if he finds out he did miss something.

And the worst part is, he may very well find out if you don't quickly think of an excuse as to why you look like you got only minutes of sleep.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" He sits down beside you, with a concerned look on his face as he looks into your e/c eyes. 

"Yeah, I just...had a nightmare." You lie, refusing to look back at him. If you took one glance at him and his innocent, reassuring smile, you would come to realize that you wouldn't be able to stomach lying to him over and over again throughout the whole day. 

Which is, unfortunately, what you have to do.

"Well," He begins, "I've had my fair share of adventuring hooligans who have dreamt of being eaten alive by a shroomboar, and then waking up to find out half their toes have been cut off. I first thought that maybe these shroomboars were getting more aggressive, but turns out it was just because they got too close to these animals, which triggered their defensive instincts. A truly stupid situation only they could get themselves into." He grumbles. 

After realizing how off-topic this was, he decided to steer himself back to the reason he was even talking about this in the first place.

"Main point is, whatever your nightmare is, I can help you sort it out. You look like you've been more or less thinking about it rather than sleeping." He gets up and holds out his hand. 

You hesitate, but take his hand to get up. "Thank you, Tighnari. But... it's really nothing." You say, hoping he'd just shrug this whole situation off.

But you knew him well, and begging the archons to change a huge part of his personality, being a troublesome worrywart, was practically an impossible task, even if the gods were to comply.

He looks at you, and you know for sure he's trying to tell whether or not you're telling the truth. He gives up just moments later, closing his eyes while deep in thought. "Fine, if you say so. But if this nightmare of yours becomes an obstacle in the future, I think we'll have to talk. Fair?" He sighs, opening his eyes to try to make eye contact with you.