𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 | Tighnari

(credits to uncledwayne1 on twitter for the in-game photo)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nari, there's someone bothering me outside." You say, and this makes Tighnari's ears perk up. He turns towards you, intrigued.

"Elaborate, Y/n." He says, while freeing his hands by setting down a bunch of medicine he was holding.

"They wish to see you, and now. They really weren't very nice about it, and they kept shouting, but I-" You get cut off by Tighnari's low growl.

For a second you think he's going to run outside like a wild animal and likely massacre the group of people you were talking about, but instead, he takes a few deep breaths. He massages his temple, calming himself down.

"I'll go deal with them, my love. Just stay here. I promise you they'll leave you and everyone else alone." He says sternly, and walks outside with heavy steps.

The quiet, peaceful, and occasional chatter around Gandharva Ville was replaced with shouting, overlapped sentences, and nothing good.

Just out of curiosity, you take a peek from the window to see what's going on.

"Tighnari, you are excellent at what you do, and that's why we and the Grand Sage need you to join us in Sumeru City!"

"I excel at what I do, and that's why I am staying here. Do you really need a big pair of ears to hear and understand that?! Archons, even if I had yours, I'd understand and leave me alone!"

"But quite frankly, Tighnari, we don't understand you! We are offering you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Can't you at least consider it?"

"I have considered it, and I kindly turned down your offer the first of MANY times!"

"But if you would just use your-"

"What? Head? Honestly, I'm the only one here who has the right to say that!"

"Tighnari, the issue we have on our hands can only be solved by someone like you, so please, stop being selfish." The grand sage speaks up, and now the entirety of Gandharva Ville is listening in on their dispute.

"Tsk. I told you, and countless times, to just find someone else like me. I'm not fit for a job I'm bound to regret having, so please go and disturb some other village." He replies, irritation present in his tone.

"I- Fine. But know that we'll be back." Is all that he manages to say after Tighnari's statement. He gestures to the others, who went with him here, to head back to Sumeru City.

He walks back to his abode, where you sat on his bed, trying to make yourself look like you hadn't seen a thing that's happened. He sits down beside you, and dead silence fills the room.

...

He sighs, "Sorry for making a ruckus out there. Even you probably heard what was going on."

Surprised by his sudden words, you subconsciously hold his blanket in your hands tightly. He turns to look at you, and his frown is replaced by a smile.

"You plan on using that?" He asks, almost as if to tease you.

Actually, you knew better than anyone else in Teyvat that was likely what he was doing.

"Oh, I... uh- no. Sorry for taking it." You stutter, and give it back to him immediately. He chuckles in return, and shifts closer to you. 

"It's okay, Y/n." He puts the blanket around the both of you, and you feel warmth rising to your cheeks. He notices this, then wraps an arm around your shoulder. He uses his other hand to lift your chin up and towards him, forcing you to look at him.

"Are you enjoying this, my love?" He asks, which causes you to feel like you're melting in the sands of Sumeru. How in Celestia does a guy act so serious one moment, then completely softens in another? 

You nod, "Y-yeah, I guess so..."

His ears twitch in amusement, and you put your head on his shoulder to avoid having to look at them. 

Okay fine. Maybe you were lying. You really only did that because you just want to be closer to the charming "bunny". Happy?

"Good. Now let's stay like this for a while, hm?" He says, and you both sit there, giving each other sappy compliments and whatnot. He left the door open, showing the whole world their relationship.

Usually, Tighnari would slam that door shut and close all of the blinds, but right now, nothing but you and him mattered. If someone were to walk right into you two's private moment, he wouldn't care.

With the way he is now, he'd likely just say to their face you're his.

"Hey, Y/n..." You snap out of your own thoughts, and answer him with a small hum.

"Do you think I should go to Sumeru City? To work with the... akademiya?" He muttered the last word in disgust.

Bewildered, you look up at him. "Why would you do that? Don't you dislike working with the akademiya?"

"I do... but I know it's safer for you to live in the city. I've just realized how selfish I am for not thinking about you. I thought of sending you with my forest watchers to the city, but I don't want you to live somewhere far all alone so-"

"So nothing, nari." You finish his sentence. "I can take care of myself, you know, and even if I get myself in a difficult situation," You lean towards him and kiss his cheek, "I have you, my beloved forest watcher and ranger."

His tail wags like crazy, taking off the blanket once on our shoulders. You giggle as he tries to hold his tail still.

Apparently, his happiness overcame his pride, and it continued to wag for a while.

Ignoring how embarrassing that was, he spoke up.

"I'm just scared that you'll... leave me because I'm putting my job over your safety..."

"I'll never leave you. I'll always be by your side, Tighnari." 

"Always?" He says, fidgeting with a yellow flower on his outfit.

You smile at how cute he looks when he makes himself sound so childish and innocent. 

You take both of his hands in yours, and answer him truthfully,

"Always."