Chapter 2 - Uncertain Future

Three weeks after the assembly at the White House...

The snow was falling gently on the forest and the town of Oakville, Canada. Since years now, its forest has become the refuge of the monsters of Lapland, but they were now forced to stay away of the humans, yet. The peace was more than fragile, humans were more than wary of the monsters, even if these latter claimed that they were here as protectors, not as invaders. In the town of Oakville, the children went out to play in the snow, under the supervision of their parents, who have strictly prohibits them from going to the forest now. In a few weeks, it would be Christmas and the New Year. The entire town was decorated for the Christmas holidays and people were looking forward and enjoy, despite the presence of the monsters nearby.

Kita the alien warrior, patrolled time to time in the town, passing on the roofs of houses and buildings, and like a ninja, used the night to avoid being seen by humans. Kita ensured that all was well, even if there are no attacks since a long time, as a soldier, Kita done his duty. From the roof of a house, he observed a group of human kids playing in the snow. When he saw that everything was normal, Kita jumped again and disappeared into the night.

Kita has again changed his outfit. His armor was more sophisticated, with peaks and a small cape on the back. He was wearing the symbol of his army on his outfit. His horns were shorter and pointed, and his teeth were less visible than before. He now has a red crest on his black hair. He still had his sword and trained himself with, in the middle of an empty field outside the town, while the snow continued to fall. Balancing on one leg like a meditating monk, Kita remained perfectly upright, unshaken and silent. Then, with a super nimble leap and a slash of his saber, he managed to slice through a small snowflake perfectly. Then he saw his ally, G-Stealer, who came to him.

_ "Good to see you, brother." Kita said.

_ "You are anxious Kita. I watched you during your training, and sometimes you seemed elsewhere."

Kita knew he could not hide anything to an experienced soldier like G-Stealer. Both were born on the same planet and have been trained together. They saw themselves as brothers. Kita turned to look at the night sky with thoughtfully.

_ "It's just that ... Sometimes, I wonder if humans will finally accept us one day." Kita said.

_ "We must have patience." G-Stealer answered, coming next to him. "Mr. Lordi is convinced that humans can change their minds and accept us, and we must give them a chance."

Kita decided to end her training for tonight and sat down on a rock. G-Stealer joined him and the two aliens gazed for a moment at the sea of ​​stars that dotted the inky black sky.

_"Do you sometimes think of Mu Arae? Our home?" Kita asked her brother. "Hard to imagine from this point of view that it is light years away from here."

G-Stealer remained thoughtful before answering.

_"Sometimes I think about it yes, but to tell the truth, I rather try not to think about it... After all, over there... We were nothing more than clones created for the war, destined to fight and die for the cause of our masters. We were not even living beings in their eyes, while here, in the company of the brotherhood... When Mr. Lordi came to recruit me to take part on his quest, to find his chosen one but also to stop the new war against the demons... He spoke to me as if I were his equal. My life had a meaning, a purpose. For the very first time in my existence, I felt alive."

Kita understood very well what he meant, having had the same feeling when Mr. Lordi had found him in the mountains and saved him from this snake demon who wanted to make him his slave. This day seemed so far now, many things happened since... Kita admired the stars a little more before speaking.