Chapter 15 - Scarctic Battle part 1

"ALERT! UNKNOWN LIFE FORMS APPROACHING! THIS IS NOT A TEST!"

The general alert from the control tower continued to broadcast on a loop as the GENESIS troops present rushed to their positions. In the watchtowers that surrounded the walls, men placed themselves at the controls of heavy gun turrets, activating them and aiming them all in the same direction, towards the north. Armed with rifles of all kinds, the soldiers took their places, checking their sights and waiting under the supervision of their officers. The hangar being the largest room in the base, the majority of the troops were there, and would be supported by the cyborg Magnum, and the undead Kalma.

Kita and G-Stealer were sent to the prison wing to support the guards on duty, but also to keep an eye on Kone. Enary, along with Sigma, Gamma and Omega, were going to defend and protect the Dr. Jekyll in his office.

Mr. Lordi, Emily, Amen, Awa, Ox and Mana had taken up position outside, on the main platform which was in the front line of the attack. With them was Ian Redfield, along with many fully equipped GENESIS soldiers. The already icy air had cooled further and the sky had darkened, bringing a very strong wind from the north. Under everyone's astonished eyes, the ocean water all around the base began to freeze.

_"I would like the others to be there. Their help would be invaluable." Emily said, her sword in hand, mentioning Mathias, Hella, but also Hiisi and Otus.

_"I know...me too." replied Mr. Lordi gently, looking at her, then took her by the hand.

_"Show no mercy, for they will have none!" Ian shouted loud and clear to the GENESIS troops like the captain he was.

Suddenly, the surface of the frozen ocean cracked and broke, with dozens of foul creatures emerging from the water and coming in larger and larger groups. They had a humanoid stature and were like a mixture of human and fish, their skin scaly and tanslucent, hands and feet webbed and armed with claws, gills, crests covering their backs but above all abominable heads with multiple eyes bulging and huge jaws filled with protruding teeth and dripping a sticky green slime.

Many were disgusted by the mere appearance of these things. However, the creatures did not attack and with horrible guttural voices began chanting as some sort of name...

_"Rach-Naa! Rach-Naa! Rach-Naa!"

All were not long in seeing who it could be because of the blizzard which had just risen on the area, another solitary form and much larger than the fish-men, advanced with a sure step on the ice, the creatures stepping aside respectfully as it passes.

He was nearly 4 meters tall, humanoid and stocky, a body completely covered with kinds of white plates, almost like an insect shell. He had four arms, two of which held a kind of large scepter with which he seemed to freeze all around him. Blades adorned his slightly humped back, and the plates covering his head split open almost like a carnivorous plant, letting out a cluster of loathsome tentacles and emitting an infernal roar. This thing almost looked like a Bionicle Rahkshi, Emily thought, only much scarier and more gruesome.

Rach-Naa suddenly brandished his scepter with force and let out another roar. Without hesitation, the fish-men, by the hundreds, leaped to attack the base. Worse still, other giant octopus-headed bat-like creatures emerged from under the ice, breaking it. The army of creatures charged from all directions, completely encircling the base trapped on all sides by ice.

_"FIRE AT WILL!" ordered Ian Redfield.

The forces of GENESIS obeyed and a deafening rain of projectiles poured down from the heavy turrets and the barrels of the numerous guns. The first rows of creatures were struck and ripped apart by the gusts, crumbling in explosions of blood, flesh, and bone, only to be immediately replaced by other hordes of abominations, like an endless tide. From behind, the Rach-Naa entity watched without flinching.