Chapter 21 - Wrath of the Thunder God

At the Genesis's Arctic base, everyone was now on a war footing following the satellite detection of an anomalous concentration of abominations near Paris, France. The armories were opened and all available soldiers were armed and equipped and under the direction of their officers, would hasten as quickly as possible to the main hangar of the base where all the aircraft and transport shuttles still in working order stood ready to depart. There was a heavy and stressful climate on the base. Magnum, Kita, G-Stealer, Hiisi, Otus, Kone and Kalma were also preparing with the human troops, all aware that they were surely heading for the most difficult fight of their entire existence and not even sure what the outcome would be. Awa and Mana had still not returned from the camp where the young Sarah was and Amen and Ox had not yet returned either. As for Mr. Lordi, Emily, Hella and Mathias, no news from them either and this absence of so many of their comrades was beginning to weigh on the rest of the brotherhood.

_"I really hope they manage to reach us in time, otherwise this fight may end much faster than expected, and not in our favor." G-Stealer commented darkly, checking his weapon.

_"Be confident, brother. They will succeed." Kita then told him, supporting him with a firm pat on the shoulder.

Kone, a new member who had recently become an ally of the Brotherhood, then looked around as if looking for someone.

_"By the way... Where is the valkyrie... Uh, Enary, I think." he asked.

_"After the announcement of an attack on Paris, Enary decided to leave for reinforcements. Sigma went with her. She said not to worry about us and that she would be back soon with troops." replied Otus.

This departure of their friend had perplexed the monsters of the brotherhood, but they trusted Enary and knew that she would keep her word and return, even if they still wondered what kind of reinforcement she would bring back for the battle.

*************

Thanks to one of the teleportation artifacts, created by Magnum and that each of the members of the brotherhood possessed, Enary and Sigma immediately arrived by a vortex in the place that the valkyrie had chosen. The young human woman, in military uniform and weapon in hand, remained nevertheless perplexed as to the possibility of finding reinforcements here. The two women had arrived in the middle of a grassy area, surrounded by hills, slopes and large rocks, and everything was immersed in a deep fog preventing them from seeing the surroundings more clearly. Sigma remained on guard, her assault rifle ready.

_"Where are we?" she asked.

_"In the realm of Asgard." Enary answered without looking at her.

Asgard? The realm of the Norse gods? Sigma could have believed in a bad joke, but knew that Enary was not one to joke and moreover, after all that she had already seen, she was ready to believe anything.

Sigma remained calm, but inside she was static, failing to realize she was in such a mythical place. But quickly, she noticed that Enary seemed disturbed.

_"What is going on?"

_"I don't understand..." said the valkyrie with a bad feeling. "That mist shouldn't be there, there never is in Asgard...Stay close to me, Sigma."

Enary had taken his sword in hand and Sigma heeded her advice and followed closely, looking back steadily as she walked. Who knows what could be hiding in that fog. The two women walked for long minutes in the middle of hills and rocks, but it was behind a slope that they ended up finding a trace of presence, but not as they had hoped. Both Enary and Sigma were left speechless. Behind the hill, a fight of terrible violence had taken place. Everywhere, lying in pools of blood, were the lifeless bodies of women warriors in armors and helmets, and also the corpses of deformed creatures, surely sent by the Great Ancient Ones. Thus, even Asgard had suffered the onslaught of cosmic entities. Sigma then saw Enary's hand tremble, both in confusion and anger.