Chapter Four

He was on the ground, bugs and shards of glass surrounded him, some looking like it was pricing through his skin.

"Sunny!" I yell running to him

"Oh dear!" My teacher says running after me.

Everyone stares as my teacher and I try to figure out how this happened.

Sunny looks freaked out, like he's panicking.

"Sunny? Sunny! Are you okay? What happened?" I ask, gently piling up the shards of glass.

He puts his hands on his face and starts to breathe heavily.

That's when I realize he was having a panic attack, I quickly try to remove his hands away from his face.

"Don't do that... remember to breathe okay?" I say trying to keep his hands away from his face.

"Um...may I take him to the nurse's office? He seems to have bits of glass in his hands..." I ask my teacher

"Of course! Here I'll write you a pass!" She says quickly writing on a piece of paper and handing it to me.

"Can you..stand up..?" I say turning to Sunny, he doesn't even nod.

I sigh and begin to try to pick him up, he lets himself and a few seconds later we're out of the classroom.

"Take deep breaths okay? Remember your happy places! Happy places!"

We get to the nurse's office and he gets immediately treated, through it all he stays still and quiet, not moving a muscle but his face shows something else.

Fear, shock, panic, all of above.

I don't understand, maybe he's actually just got really bad social anxiety? Maybe someone tried to make him talk when I wasn't looking? No, no, there was no one with him when it happened.

Whatever it is or was, I just want him to be okay...even though we just met and he literally doesn't talk at all I feel some sort of connection with him.

Maybe it's that "new friend" thing when you say you feel a connection but it's just nerves..

After he's all patched up the nurse goes into her office and calls his mom.

I look at him, he looks slightly better but it looks like he's still in panic mode.

"...Sunny?..." I try to shake his shoulder but he doesn't budge, he doesn't snap out of whatever he's on right now.

I sigh a sad sigh, "...Sunny...could you tell me what happened?.." he doesn't do anything, he doesn't even move a finger.

"...Sunny whatever it is you're going through right now please know that I am here for you and if you can't trust me yet then I am hopeful that your family is there for you..."

I tuck some of his hair behind his ear, his face is so soft.

"I know we just met but...would you like to be friends? Would you like to join my friend group?..."

He says nothing, still in whatever he's going through...then he does something unexpected.

He speaks.

"S..som.."

My eyes widen, (what is he saying?) "What? What did you just say?"

"S..some...th..i-"

The nurse interrupts him , "Sunny your mother is here to pick you up"

(Damn it you old grandma! I was going to hear his voice!)

"Sunny? Oh dear!" A very pretty woman bursts through the door.

She gets Sunny to slowly get up, "Thank you so much for taking care of him! I'm going to make sure this won't happen again!" She bows down to the nurse.

"I'm not the only one you should thank, this young lady helped too" she puts me in front of her, I get nervous.

"She was the one who took him down here after all!"

"H-hello ma'am.." I say my fingers twirling around each other.

She smiles weakly, "thank you so much! Our Sunny hasn't been the same since his sister passed away, I just got him out of his room...I hope he won't go back to that awful state..."

(What...he has a sister and she...passed away?...is that why he's mute?..)

"Anyways, thank you so much again and I'm sorry for causing so much trouble! Goodbye!" She turns around and slowly walks away with Sunny.

(What did she mean by awful state...? And just got out of his room..? How long was he in there..?...I hope he comes back..)