Chapter Eight

I pause, (did he really just say what I think he said?).

I slowly look at him from the front, we're so close we're nearly kissing.

My heart begins to pound fast, "e-em Sunny, I like hanging out with you too so...can you l-let go of me?..".

It's like he snaps back into reality because as soon as the last few words left my mouth he started to go red.

It made me start to go red and quickly get off of him this time he didn't stop me.

...silence...

"We should probably go huh..?" I say smiling weakly to him, I extend my hand again.

He takes his slowly and we start walking downstairs.

We were quiet the whole dinner.

----------------------

After an hour or two we hear a beep coming from outside, my mom stands up from the couch and says "look's like your mom is here Sunny!".

We look at each other, I don't know about mine, but I can see that his eyes are telling me to say, 'stay a little longer'.

I just smile weakly at him and lead him to the door, "this is it...you're leaving..." I stare at the ground for a few seconds.

I look up at him, "I had a good time hanging out! we should do this again...w-without THAT part o=of course..."

His gaze saddens, (oh no.) I quickly begin to stumble on my words "I-I didn't mean it that way Sunny I swear I just- I don't want you to th-think that I-"

I'm interrupted by a hug, his hug.

My eyes widen as he wraps his arms and hands all around my body.

I can feel myself get absolutely heated, spikes appear all over my body.

He turns to my ear again causing me to get chills again and whispers, "i..it..s..o-..kay..I..I..un..d..er..sta...nd..".

I feel a huge sense of relief take over, my body begins to cool down.

He pulls away and for the first time, I see him smile.

It makes me so happy that I start smiling too.

I wave goodbye to him as he leaves in his moms car.

My mom nudges me and says "I bet you've got a crush on him as well huh?", (a-a crush on him!?) I turn to my mom and yell "m-me!? crush on him!? hah! I'm going to sleep!".

Needless to say I did not get that much sleep.