Chapter Fourteen

It's been a while since then and I still haven't gotten used to anything. After Sunny kissed my cheek I forgot about everything we've been through and I've started on square one again.

I get butterflies in my stomach every time I see him and my heart nearly pops out of my chest!

He's also been speaking without stammering now, it's too much for me!

Right now we're walking holding hands to a burger place after watching a movie.

I'n trying not to show the red in my face, "h-hey so...uh Sunny?.." I turn to look at him.

"Yes Y/n?" He says looking back at me, I quickly look away.

"E-em...do you feel comfortable right now?...i-is anything bothering you?" I say anxiously

He shakes his head, "no, thanks for being concerned though..." He says snuggling up to me.

This makes me even more flustered, (oh gosh what have you done to me Sunny?)

Just then someone calls Sunny's name from behind us.

We both turn around to see who it is, a girl with bright pink hair and mint green eyes is running up to us.

Once she catches up to us she says "long time no see,  Murderer."

I look at her for a few seconds to see if she's joking, she's not.

She starts laughing, "I guess you must be the one taking care of him now huh?" She says placing a hand on her hip.

"Careful now, don't do anything to make him mad or he'll push you off the stairs!" She says smiling.

You look at her confused, just then a tall boy with long brown hair appears.

"Aubrey ! Let's go remember what Hero said!" He says placing a hand on her shoulder.

She just brushes him off and steps closer to us, "did you know that this guy pushed his own sister down the stairs-"

The tall boy grabs her and covers her mouth, "please Aubrey! Let it go!".

Aubrey hits him with an elbow and he lets go, "and get this! All because he wasn't good enough at something!" She says almost yelling.

(No..that's...not like Sunny..he couldn't have..could he?..) you turn to look at Sunny, he looks like he's about to have another episode.

Aubrey gets angry and starts walking up to Sunny as if she's about to hit him or something.

I get in the way and shake my head, "sorry I can't let you do that." I say.

She stares at me, "you're going to side with a murderer!? Did you know he also forced his friend to help him stage a suicide!? " She says grabbing a hold of my collar.

"I don't care. Please just leave us alone!" I say pushing her off of me.

Just as she's about to punch me, the boy steps in and grabs her.

She starts squirming around, "It's best if you leave right now! Please.." the boy says desperately.

I nod and take Sunny running the other way.

---------------------------

I didn't stop until I reached his neighborhood, we both stopped once we got to the entrance.

Sunny immediately falls down but I catch him before his knees hit the ground.

"Sunny? Sunny!" I say, but he doesn't respond.

I hug him tightly and we both fall down to the grass.

"It's okay Sunny! It'll be okay! I know it will...." I narrow my eyes (is what that girl said true? The way Sunny is reacting makes me feel uneasy...no y/n! Trust your friend!).

After a while I slightly push Sunny away and to my surprise he's...asleep.

I carry him on my back and begin walking towards his home.

I knock or try to knock on his door, luckily his mom was home so she opened the door.

"Oh sweety!" She says surprised, you look at her and smile weakly.

"Hey Ms, Sunny had too much fun and fell asleep haha.." (I don't want to worry his mom).

She smiles at me and laughs, "you really do know how to make jokes Y/n!".

She opens the door wide, "come on now, let's place him in bed together" she says.

I walk inside still carrying him, she takes me to his room and we both place him down gently on his bed.

"You may leave when you want to okay?" His mom says, I nod and she leaves the room.

I stare at Sunny and kneel down next to him, I poke his cheek in an attempt to wake him up but he doesn't.

(Is it true then Sunny? Is that why you were mute? Why your sister died?...and you had other friends as well...)

I shake my head and call myself stupid for believing in someone I barely even met over Sunny.

"Please wake up soon ... I love you, ... Bye.." I say before standing up and leaving.