Chapter Ten

A week later, Sunny and I are walking through the school hallways viewing all the Homecoming posters.

So far I've seen about 5 or more "will you be my homecoming date?" In the cafeteria, each one gets louder clapping.

I stop at a certain poster, "looks like Homecoming is going to be interesting" I say slowly nodding my head.

Sunny looks at the poster as well and turn to me, "d-do you want t-to go?" He says.

(I'm still not used to him talking so formally) I turn to him awkwardly and say "kinda? They said it's fun but I don't know...".

He looks down at the ground for a few seconds then he looks up at me like he wants to tell me something.

I wait for him to say it but I feel someone tap my shoulder and turn to them.

My eyes widened to a very tall handsome blonde with flowers.

"H-hello, you're Y/n...right?" He says extending his hand to me.

I stare at him for a few seconds (what the hell? Is this some sort of prank?) "Em...yeah.." I say shaking his hand.

He chuckles softly, "so...I was wondering.." he says tossing the flowers left to right.

My heart begins to pound, (could this be?? My prince charming?? My one and only?? But no! I'm not ready!!).

He continues, "Where your friend, Arabella is..."

I pause, (oh. My friend Arabella.) All of a sudden I start to heat up from embarrassment.

He looks at me confused, "eheh, are you..okay? You look, red..?"

My face heats up even more now that he notices, I stare at the ground, (damn bro, this shits so embarrassing! Just tell him where he can find her Y/n!!).

That's when I see someone's shadow in front of me, I look up to see who it is and it's Sunny.

"S-she's where they m-make anno-announcements" he says slowly taking my hand and intertwining it with his.

The boy looks at him weirdly and then smiles, "thank you!" He says passing by us in a hurry.

Once he's gone I sigh, "glad that's over with, damn I really thought he was going to ask me out! Well whatever, maybe next year I guess...".

I stop holding hands with Sunny and place them on my hips, "thanks for that Sunny, I was so embarrassed haha...".

Not turning to me, Sunny asks "i-is all your a-asking for, to g-go to home-homecoming a date?.." I stare at his back for a few seconds.

I look at the ground, "yeah but I guess that isn't happening anytime soon, hopefully Arabella and that dude hit it off and become a very happy and healthy-".

I'm interrupted by his hug again, "S-sunny?" I say slowly hugging him back, "you okay?".

He nods, we stay like that for a few seconds then he pulls away and looks at me with determination.

"What now?" I say raising a brow, he smiles brightly and says "c-come to school t-tomorrow! Don't s-skip! Oka-okay?".

I nod confused and he hugs me again.