#24. Stupid girl

Third Person's POV,

Third Person's POV,

Siya reached the hotel and headed straight to their room. Closing the door behind her, she retreated to the washroom, standing under the forceful stream of the shower, allowing her tears to mingle with the water.

Flashback

"Siya, a few of my London delegates are here for an important meeting. They're waiting for me in the restaurant. I have to go. I'm really sorry I ruined your day," Reyansh apologized.

"It's okay. But how will I go back? If you..." Siya began, but Reyansh interrupted her.

"I know. I've already booked a cab for you. The driver will safely drop you at the hotel, don't worry. And message me once you reach, okay, baby?" Reyansh reassured her, planting a peck on her forehead, to which she nodded.

Reyansh escorted her to the car, but in the middle of the road, Siya realized she had left her purse at the mall. Instructing the driver to make a U-turn, she retrieved her purse and heaved a sigh of relief.

"Thank God. I didn't lose it," she muttered. As she turned to leave, her eyes fixated on a familiar figure.

"Reyansh?" Siya whispered slowly, spotting him still in the shopping mall, accompanied by a woman whose face she couldn't see.

Her curiosity led her to follow them to a café within the mall.

"I love you. I really love you a lot," Reyansh's words reached her ears, and Siya's world seemed to freeze.

Reyansh was on one knee, holding the girl's hand, kissing her knuckles. Siya's eyes burned with anger and tears as she witnessed the scene.

"I don't know when and how, but it happened. I really love you a lot. Whenever you are with me, I feel like I'm in a different world where there is only you and me," Reyansh confessed, gazing lovingly into the girl's eyes.

Siya felt as if the ground had been snatched from beneath her feet.

"I know I'm stupid to realize this late, but I'm glad I finally understand my feelings for you," Reyansh continued. The girl reciprocated by expressing her love dramatically, hugging him tightly.

As they closed their eyes, lost in each other's embrace, Siya felt herself falling apart, as if her heart was being pierced into a million pieces.

Flashback ends.

"Reyansh... he loves someone else... he doesn't love me," Siya's heart shattered, recalling the painful scene. Her eyes turned red from crying, feeling betrayed and devastated.

Siya believed he had played with her, wondering why he had come closer to her if he loved someone else. Questions swirled in her mind, but no answers emerged.

"I hate you, Reyansh. I hate you for doing this to me, and I hate myself more for falling for you. I'll never forgive you for this," Siya declared through tears, utterly shattered.