#26. Kiss me, sweetheart

Third Person's Pov,

"Reyansh, please," Siya pleaded, her eyes wide and her hands held up to her ears in an adorable, apologetic gesture.

"Siya, I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to hear anything from you," Reyansh said through gritted teeth, his anger palpable.

He couldn't shake off the disbelief that she had doubted his honesty, loyalty, and love. How could she do this to him? Without giving him a chance to explain, she had decided to pursue a divorce.

To heck with her explanations and excuses, he thought.

"No! I'm not going anywhere until you forgive me," Siya declared stubbornly, shaking her head.

"Things don't revolve around your wishes. First, you want a divorce, and now you want to apologize and fix everything as if nothing happened?" Reyansh yelled, causing Siya to flinch.

"Reyansh, my ears will start bleeding if you keep screaming like this. I still don't have any kids, and you want me to go deaf already?" Siya dramatized, covering her ears, which widened Reyansh's eyes.

"Now it's my fault too. I can't even shout at you. Listening to your words, it feels like I already have 4/5 kids, right?" Reyansh sarcastically asked, crossing his arms, while Siya grinned.

"Maybe," Siya said, looking at him from top to bottom. Reyansh sighed, realizing there was no reasoning with her.

"Reyansh, please. I swear on my chocolates that after today, I'll never doubt you again," Siya promised, her lips pursed into a pout.

"Seriously? Chocolates?" Reyansh raised an eyebrow, and Siya nodded vigorously, her eyes sparkling.

"Yes! You know how much I love chocolates. I'm always serious about chocolates, and I never joke about that. If you want, you can ask Mom and Papa for confirmation," Siya said, nodding like an earnest child.

"No thanks. I don't want to confirm anything. Just leave me alone," Reyansh finally freed himself from her and stood by the window, gazing outside.

"What does she even think of herself? Accusing me of cheating without thinking and then filing for divorce? I won't talk to her, and I won't forgive her easily. Let her know what it feels like to be hurt," Reyansh murmured to himself.

After a moment, he heard sobbing. He turned to see Siya crying on the sofa, covering her face with her palms. Concern filled him.

"Siya, what happened?" Reyansh sat beside her, attempting to remove her hands, but she resisted, crying louder.

"No! Go away. I don't want to see your face. You're angry with me, right? Then why are you asking me? You don't care for me now," Siya sobbed like a child who lost her favorite toy.

"I swear on my chocolates. Can you believe it! Chocolates. But you stone-hearted man! You don't believe me, right? I don't want to talk to you. Mumma! Papa!" She whined like a baby, stomping her foot on the floor.

"Siya... shh!" Reyansh tried to calm her, but she cried even louder, causing him pain in his ears.

"Okay, okay. I forgive you. Please don't cry now," Reyansh relented. Seeing her cry so much melted his heart.

"Really?" Siya asked, immediately stopping her tears and looking cheerful. There was no sign of crying in her eyes; instead, they sparkled mischievously.

"You! You were acting?" Reyansh asked in disbelief, glaring at her.

"N-no... no," Siya quickly denied, fidgeting with the ends of her saree. "Umm... yeah. You weren't listening to me, so..."