Chapter 1

"Bitsy, what should I do?" My sister whined, flipping through the pages of her latest issue of Vogue. Her too pink nails more visible than her actual done-up face.
"Go to a prom-themed frat party with Jordan." I replied, more preoccupied with my book on the Foundations of Wicca. This stuff wasn't half bad. Especially since humans can't actually perform magic. Following the flows of the universe was a perfect next step. I doubt it worked but it's worth a shot.
"And miss the cabin with Dannon this weekend?" I fought the urge to roll my eyes.
"Do you even like Dannon?" I questioned, flipping to the next page.
"I like his money." She said, shamelessly, dropping her magazine into her lap. "Seriously, Ciara?"
She tore the book from my hands, closing it before placing it onto the bed next to her.
Looking at her almost made me want to cringe. Her eyelashes were clearly fake from a woman's perspective but I guess it could fool any man. I mean, they were pretty but slightly too full for me not to tell the difference. They brushed across her cheeks, allowing her rich, caramel skin look delicate. As if she already didn't have a baby face that made most guys drool. Her make-up was always so well done with her perfect skin matching foundation, hiding imperfections she barely had. It added to her beauty, definitely, but believe me, her face and skin were already flawless without the extra flare.
"This is why no guy asks you out! What is this junk that you're reading?" She crossed her arms, pouting. "I love you more than the world but believe me when I say that you need to get laid."
I rolled my eyes at her for multiple reasons. Getting laid sounded quite fucking terrible, however, sparking a type of curiosity that I continued to shove deep within the barren wasteland of my libido-lacking soul. Boys our age were still too immature, sniffing and scouring for a tasty treat to sink their man-parts into. Hormones and other shit that make teenage boys run wild with lust but continues to send me packing on a good day; you know the birds and the bees spiel that causes the strongest of teens to cringe in embarrassment. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the idea of sex. I've been doing my job for a long time, and I've seen some really kinky shit that I'd definitely buttered up some popcorn for. Performing the act, just didn't appear that interesting to me.
Also, Jordan had asked me to the party first and Dannon only asked Cecily to the party in hopes that I would show up, because I've already turned that motherfucker down once. I didn't understand why he couldn't take a hint.
Muscle-headed jocks aren't my thing, even in the least, but they sure as hell loved me. That's reason number two. Cecily knows that guys love me and she also knew I didn't care much for them.
To add the icing on the proverbial cake, I'm not even the main character of this story.
My twin sister, Cecily, has a big destiny. I am her Story Witch. The friend that is supposed to help her achieve it. To make a long story short, I'm from the Realm of Stories; a "magical" place that holds all the memories of the world in the form of stories. Everyone thinks Cinderella is a Disney character but believe me, she was once a very real person, with a very overzealous sexual appetite. Getting that girl together was rough.
The Realm of Stories don't activate a witch or Warlock's memories until they're so called destiny begin. I'm not sure what happened when I was thrusted into the weird ass story but my memories were never wiped when my parents had birthed us. They didn't give me anything to go on so I'm just going with the flow, making sure she doesn't accidentally unalive herself. They didn't even debrief me on this so-called destiny my twin sister was supposed to be having.
Once you're in reality, we lose all connection with the Realm of Stories, which doesn't help my debacle one bit. I am supposed to be patching holes that appear in the story but I have seen one blurry, or blotchy space in our entire existence so I'm not sure when the story is supposed to start. Which also doesn't help me.
"Listen, Itsy, I'm not looking to get laid. Second, you do whatever you want. If you want me to come, well, stop wanting me to come because I don't want to."
"You have to come to one or the other with me!" She crossed her arms. "And I want you to have fun so pick where you think you'll have the most fun."
"Neither place." I roll my eyes. Cecily doesn't like taking no for an answer and I guess I can't let her do anything herself. The lines of fate like to twist and turn with this one, and leaving her to her own devices, kind of makes me nervous. I need to make sure I'm there when she makes a pivotal choice. Ugh, I hated when I convinced myself to do this stupid shit.
"Fine. I'll go to wherever you want to go." I sighed, snatching the book back from her. "But if a guy tries to talk to me, I'm going to be mad the whole fucking time. My R-B-F will be so real, they'll want to kick me out."
"And that's why you're the best sister in the world!" She reached over and hugged me, shaking the bed we were on. "Maybe it's too late to get you a prom dress so let's just go to the cabin. There's this outfit I've been dying to see you in!"
She jumped from the bed excitedly, sprinting to the closet. She fingered through hangers as I sat on the bed watching her.
Well, not really her.
As a Story Witch, I can see the red strings of fate; red spindly, little strings that connects to the ending point of her story. Hundreds crowded her form and more were coming in droves as I stared. Typically, story characters only have one or maybe two, depending on pivotal choices. If it's a reverse harem, they could have multiple but I haven't seen more than 10 strings at once. The fact that she had this many was already beyond ridiculous and really confused the hell out of me but also told me she made a pivotal choice that now have more possible consequences, not all being bad. To sum it all up, I don't know how this choice affected her and I don't know what's going on.
This choice could be a good thing. Or it could lead to worser outcome that I am going to have to talk her out of. Who the fuck knows because I sure don't. And I hated not knowing.
My twin sister's destiny was huge, and I have no fucking clue what it is.
"Okay but," I narrowed my eyes at her. "Where is this cabin?"