Chapter 15

More time passed.

Ali had left the room on several occasions to get us food. It was always so cold when he was gone and so warm when he was with me. This cold was so unbearable that when he was gone, I would just cry. I couldn't even help it.

When Ali would come back, he filled me with his warmth. He'd wipe my tears away and held me to him.

This time, when he came back, he brought Chipotle. Ali handed me a pork rice bowl, with all of my favorite toppings. When I opened the lid, I looked up at him as he slid into the spot between me and the headboard.

He smiled, looking a bit guilty. "I may have ran into your sister." That made a lot of sense. "I also got a bit of information as well. Not from her. I have a few shades roaming the castle." We ate as he began to explain.

Shortly after Ali brought me here, Ray had convinced her to contact our parents. She did through skype. They were worried sick because there were several witnesses seeing both of us at the cabin. However, neither of our bodies were found. Cecily reassured them but then they asked about me. Cecily was never very good at lying so I'm not surprised they noticed something was up. So when she told them her version, where she painted me as the bad guy, even voicing the fact that I apparently "lied" so I would take her side, my parents became furious. Not at me but at her.

They tore her a new one, stating how I sacrificed so much just to keep her happy and that I would do it again. That there was no way that I was lying, basically saying that I was raped by this so called friend and she abandoned me. Our parents did not hold back, calling her spoiled and disrespectful. They stated every single detail of our lives, painting me a much better sibling, even stating that she had gotten out of so many groundings and punishments because I begged our parents to let things slide.

But they wouldn't let her slide this time.

I was the golden child and she was the problem that I wouldn't let go down.

"That's not how things should have played out." I sighed, my hungry tummy now turning into lead. "I shouldn't have been praised. My parents should have taken her side."

"Why should they?" Ali scoffed. "She's a whiny, spoiled brat. You've done more favors for her than you probably should have. It sounded like you are also part of the problem by enabling her."

"Yeah, that's probably true." I sighed. "I guess I messed up. I'm probably the cause of all this ruin."

"What?"

"I'm supposed to help patch the holes but I think I just made things worse. I've made the heroine insufferable. But I got sent with my memories intact. I don't know how I could have changed things?"

"Ciara, what are you talking about?"

"You've been so quiet about it but I know you can now feel it." I smiled sheepishly. "You've been caressing my magic source for a while now. It's warm and it makes me feel safe. More safe than I've ever felt before. More safe than being in the Citadel."

"I'm not following. You have a magic source because you're the true chosen one. Those other guys are idiots."

"No, I'm not the chosen one." I replied. "I'm her Story Witch. And it seems I've only made things worse."

"Story...wait, that means..."

"I'm not the chosen one. I had a mission to protect her with my everything. To patch the holes in this story but everything is so fucking wrong. I don't think I can fix this. The Story Books of the Elders are here, not in the Realm of Stories. The Elders should be using them to guide the flow. But they're gone."

I found out the truth not too long ago, on one of Ali's runs outside the room.

I waved my hand into the air, summoning one of the golden books.
Ali's eyes widened, as I opened The Book of Story's Past. It looked like the one that was kept in the library. The books aren't titled but I knew which was which. I could feel Elder Wolf's magic pulse from the book I was holding. The book that was supposed to be granted to me after my Elder had went into eternal slumber. There's no way she would have went to sleep without me. There's usually a ceremony following an Elder dying. Something happened there while I've been working here.

I could read the book and see but my fear got the best of me. I didn't want to know.

"So you need to go back to Cecily?" He asked me.
"I don't know." I sighed, waving the book away. "She doesn't want me there. There's so many things wrong with this story, I'm not sure it can be fixed. I'm not even sure what your attraction to me is. I should be only relevant in the fact that I'm Cecily's sister."
"Do you think someone knows who you are?"
"That isn't possible." The only person who knew was Elder Wolf. She had sent me here personally, which should have been my first red flag. The Elders are much too busy to see every Story Witch off to do their job. However, she never sounded rushed or concerned about anything.
She acted as if everything was normal, and it probably was. Until it wasn't.
After that, we ate in silence. It wasn't until we were done eating  that Ali continued with his update.
So they had retrieved the book they went searching for that day only after invading an enemy hideout that was housing it.
So many Ember were there, and two men from the harem, the Lightbringer and Ray, were seriously injured and being tended to by the Whisper bitch herself. Also, the shades have caught the c**** shacking both of them so she definitely isn't loyal to the Werebear.

"Oh, you didn't know?" Ali smiled. "She's been fucking all of them. Trenton has no clue. She's even tried it with me despite the fact that she was the one that excluded me from the rest. Telling everyone that I'll be a Lich one day."
"You don't think you will?"

Ali shook his head, wrapping his arms around me. "I don't necessarily hate people. I preferred solitude and quiet. I think she just used that against me, twisting it into her own lies. I've kind of suspected that she's trying to make me one. I can't imagine why."

"I know you questioned it before but I also questioned it as well."

"You mean about how much power she has when Whisper Witches are more fairies than they are witches? They shouldn't be that powerful."

"No, they shouldn't. She also shouldn't be as influential in this story but she's twisting everyone around her finger."

"They were all assholes to begin with so I'm not too surprised it's turned out like this."

Ali had every reason to be angry with them. In a way, they should have been one big happy family. Probably not throughout it but more like in a sense. And then officially once the story had ended. He had every right to be angry. Hell, I was angry for him.

If this hag is the reason why this story was so derailed, then I would personally enjoy ripping her head off her shoulders.