Chapter 10

Zap!

I'm pretty sure my magic just sent a couple jillion volts through this man and he didn't even make a sound. However, his little feelers shot out of my mana ports. He smiled sweetly, and once he released my hand, he took a cautious step back.

There was no way he didn't feel that. I'm still baffled that my magic just did something on it's own, yet again. Was I becoming defective? Am I going to have to force myself to go back home?

"You did take some from him." He sighed. "We need to see Morghana."

"Ali...gave you some of him?" Cecily looked at me in horror. "Is there anyway she's under a spell of his? Did he do-"

"Cecily dear, please stay calm." Ray's eyes shifted to my sister, concern etched into them. "We will get to the bottom of this. Please, follow me."

He started walking, pulling out his phone and begun texting. Cecily took my hand, and started pulling me behind her.

"It's okay, Ciara." Cecily reassured. "We will get him out and cure you."

I continued to follow without struggle. I don't know who Morghan is but I guess we are going to go fix me? I don't know what that entails. Now that we have touched the edge of the story, I'm trying to find the part where I'm supposed to reveal that I'm actually a witch. Though, there are so many inconsistencies and things are out of place. What in the hell is going on?

We exited the courtyard and back into the large mansion, through more corridors. As we continued forward, the staff that was once so abundant started to slowly decrease to a trickle here and there. The golds and red started to turn into green and browns. I noticed the various bear statues, pictures, and wall art. I frowned, realizing that whoever this Morghan person was, they resided on the Werebear's side.
"Psst. Itsy."

"Yeah."

"Who's Morghana?"

"She's a very powerful mage. Almost on the same par as Ray." Cecily was frowning, which tells me there more to this story. I nudged her to keep going, and she sighed, rolling her eyes. "The prophecy states that a powerful witch will train me and that witch is Morghan. However, she is dating Trenton and we don't like the each other."

"They've butt heads every chance they get." I noticed a tall man appeared next to me. He had curly hazel hair with a lightly shaven face. His brown eyes looked down at me in curiosity, his muscular arms shoving his hands into his pocket. I'm pretty sure this man's bicep is bigger than my whole head. He looked a bit older than both my sister and I. But it was like a sexy older and I did like it.

"I'm guessing your Trenton."

"Yep. I'm a Werebear, by the way." He nodded. Ugh, even his voice was sexy. I know I'm trained not to be jealous of the main character but I'm slightly jealous. "And you're Ciara?"

"Yes, I am."

But lets take some steps back. Why was one of the men in harem dating another woman? Cecily and this man had to sleep with each other in order for her to gain his abilities. They are supposed to be the couple. And the last time I checked, Werebears mate! Cecily and Trenton should be soulbond mates and Morghan should have been kicked to the curb a long fucking time ago. Better yet, if the story was to flawlessly go along, he shouldn't have been dating in the first fucking place. The inconsistencies are starting to build and I'm not liking the direction this story is taking.

Finally, we arrived to a large door that looked carven. The intricacies consisted of a river with bears fishing out fish. Mama bears, papa bears, baby bears, elder bears all on the edge or in the river. Some had fishes in their mouth while some were in the process of catching the fish. There were even a few free fishes jumping in and out of the water. It was beautifully carven and looked to have taken quite some time.