Chapter 8

Ali let out an exasperated sigh, looking back at me in pure annoyance.
"Yeah, well I never wanted to do this stupid shit anyway!" I knew that voice.
My feet moved on its own, approaching the double doors that was already ajar. I slipped in, scanning the room quickly.
"You fucking jerk! I lost my sister!" Cecily cried. "My heart isn't here because it was my fault-"
"Spare us the pity party!" A man bent over the small figure that was most definitely my sister. "You are the chosen female and you can't do a single fucking thing!"
"I'm trying!"
"Please calm down, Ryan." On one side of the room looked like a mini bar and a regal looking man stood there. "It's so improper to scream at a lady."
"I don't give a fuck. You know why?" The man never removed his eyes from my sister's face. "I think you're a conniving cunt that somehow tricked us into believing you're the one. You're a lowly human who's only talent is to give out cheap fucks."
My blood boiled. I don't know if I ran, flew, jumped, transported or what but I found myself grabbing his arm as he began to turn away, yanked him back and planted one straight into his fucking jaw. He flew, covering enough distance that he slammed into the opposite wall.
I looked around the room, noticing how all the other men kept their distance and it pissed me off more. Wasn't she supposed to be the chosen one? This is how she's treated when they get frustrated? Oh hell to the fucking no.

"Itsy, there are six other men in this room who stood and watch that motherfucker scream in your face." I looked Cecily in the eyes and I saw tears. She started forward but I caught her hands. "Fuck these people. Fuck these men. Fuck that prophecy and fuck everyone involved. You deserve so much better and if they want something from you that badly, then they should start learning some fucking manners."

"Bitsy." She instantly wrapped her arm around my shoulders, pulling me in for a tight squeeze. "Oh, Bitsy! I thought you were dead."

I sighed, hugging her back. "Honestly, I thought I was too. And then Ali saved me." I gently pulled away, pressing my forehead against hers. "This is not okay and I refuse to let you stay here. I would let this world burn before I allow these fuckers to treat you like this."

"Bitsy, it's okay." She whispered. "Please calm down."

I looked at her, confusion etching my features. "How can I-"

"You bitch!" The guy I just sent to kingdom come decided he wanted to get up. He pulled himself from the wall, his body rippling. One moment, he's a human fuming and next, he's a very pissed off Alpha wolf.

His wolf form towered over all of us. Fur dark as night and eyes bloodshot red. He was pissed, that much was obvious as his eyes landed on me. His hackles were raised. He growled loudly, his menacing presence sending shivers down my spine. I didn't want to reveal myself this early but things aren't really going as planned.

He took one step forward, ready to pounce on the both of us but he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. HIs growl converted to whining, dropping to his belly with a loud thud. My eyes darted over to Ali, who was now approaching us. His expression appeared bored but I knew it was his doing.

Suddenly, Cecily broke from my grip, dropping to her knees next to the cripple werewolf. Worry coated her features as she looked over the one called Ryan. When no physical injuries were present, she scanned the room. The other men didn't move but their eyes were on the figure that now stood behind me.

"Ciara! Get away from him!" Cecily screeched, clutching the bare flesh of the werewolf, not fully transformed back into his human state. He was shaking and his eyes were wide with fear. However, Cecily was now glaring at Ali.

I looked up at him, his glare meeting hers right back. His hands were nonchalantly tucked into his pockets, keeping close proximity to me. I can understand everyone's wariness but I felt completely safe around Ali, despite his grope fest earlier today. He as lonely, and sometimes, that causes people to be desperate. That was something I can understand.

"No, Itsy." I sighed, placing my hands on my hips. "Ali saved me. Regardless of whatever bias you learned, I refuse to leave him. Tell your ungrateful harem to shove it where the sun doesn't shine because they're full of shit."

"You don't know-"

"I know enough." I waved at Ali, his glare softening as he turned his gaze onto me. He smiled, reaching and grasping onto my hand. I took it willingly, my magic silently swirling with his touch. Warm, despite the icy shiver that ran down my spine.

I sighed, "Cecily, how about we go for a walk? I want to hear what's going on from you."

Without another glance, I turned away, patting Ali on the shoulder. "I'll find you later."