Chapter 3

Sofia hummed to herself as she walked through the store that was close to her home.

She stopped in front of the flour, checking to see if anything was on sale.

"Excuse me, sorry, I just need to grab this real quick," came a voice from beside her.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I can-" Sofia paused when she turned to see the redhead from the other night. "April?"

"Do I know you?" April raised a brow in confusion and Sofia stood up straight.

"Oh, no! Sorry! That probably was really creepy! I thought maybe-"

"Wait, you were the girl with the turtles. They called you Shadow, right? I recognize your voice," April said and Sofia hummed.

"That was me. How are you holding up so far? I can imagine being kidnapped by aliens is an interesting experience," Sofia said which elicited a light laugh from April.

"I'm doing alright. I just miss my dad. I don't know if he's hurt or being worked to death or-or-"

"Hey, it's gonna be alright. We'll find him. I don't know what the turtles are planning, but I'm sure they will stick with their promise," Sofia assured as she gave a smile.

"How long have you known them?" April asked curiously.

"Same as you. I met them that night. I haven't seen them since, but I can see their spirit and their intentions are pure," Sofia replied as she picked up her flour. "Let me see your phone."

April handed Sofia her phone after opening it. Sofia put her contact into the phone before handing it back.

"If you ever need my help, I'll be around. Now I gotta go. My uncle isn't good at cooking so someone's gotta do it," Sofia joked with a soft chuckle. "See ya around, April.

🍕

Sofia pulled her hood over her head before she climbed the fire escape. She made her way to the roof and looked out over the city.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped on the edge of the building. She jumped down and rolled onto the roof next to her apartment building before sprinting across the rooftops.

She lived for these moments when she felt free and like nothing could stop her.

As she was running, she saw a flash of green on a roof in front of her and she smiled to herself.

She followed the direction she had seen the movement going and saw the turtles running.

She giggled as she kicked a door, making them stop as she stayed out of sight.

"Guys?" That sounded like Donnie.

"It's probably just a bird." Definitely Raph.

"A really big bird!" That was Mikey.

"Just stay focused. We have to get that footage."

Sofia smiled at hearing the blue clad turtle. She looked down and saw a nickle so she scooped it up before flicking it across the roof.

"Alright! Who's there?! Come out before I-"

"Raph, remember what Splinter said," Blue said and Sofia giggled.

She stepped out of the shadows with a laugh pulled her mask down.

"You guys are so cute," Sofia said as she walked over.

"Oh! It's you!" Blue said and she nodded.

"I was out and saw you guys so I figured I would see what you guys were up to," she said, stopping in front of them.