Chapter 22

"You have a date with Leo?!"

Sofia nodded quickly as she tried to manage the heat in her face. "Yeah. Tonight."

April squealed excitedly. "We've gotta get you ready! I'll help you! What are you gonna wear?!"

"I don't know yet. I was thinking something casual but cute, you know?" Sofia said as she rocked on her feet.

April quickly started rummaging through Sofia's closet, gasping as she pulled out a light blue off shoulder sun dress. "This is perfect!"

"Doesn't it seem a bit on the nose?" Sofia questioned as she took the dress from April.

"That's the point! It's blue! He'll love it! And plus it'll look so good on you!" April explained.

Sofia looked at the dress and nodded a bit. "I guess you're right. I'll wear it."

"What are we gonna do for hair and makeup?" April thought aloud as she studied Sofia.

"I was thinking just like a simple winged liner, mascara, and lipgloss for my makeup," Sofia answered.

April bobbed her head in approval. "Simple and accentuating. Perfect. And hair?"

"I could do a loose French braid. Curl the framing pieces. I think that would look cute."

"Looks like we've got a plan! Operation: Date Night is in full swing!" April announced.

"Operation: Date Night?" Sofia questioned with a snicker.

"What? It's fun! Now come on! Sit down!"

🍕

"Why are you so wigged out tonight, bro?" Raph looked up from his comic to see Leo staring at the counter with an intense glare.

"I'm gonna take Sofia to dinner at Murakami's and then I thought maybe we could watch a movie. Is that too cheesy? Maybe it's too cheesy..." Leo mumbled as he bit the inside of his lip.

Raph blinked for a moment before he laughed. "Are you really trying to impress her? You think tricking her into a date is gonna make her like you? You are hopeless, man. Hopeless. I can't believe you're still gonna go after her."

"Well, I mean-"

"Or are you gonna tell me that this is just a friendly hangout?" Raph teased, his laughter only growing.

"No," Leo started as he frowned a bit.

"You really are worse than Donnie," Raph continued as Leo tried to defend himself.

Splinter approached the two brothers with a raised brow. "What is going on here?"

"Leo's being a bozo again," Raph cackled as he slapped his knee. "He thinks taking Sofie out to dinner is gonna make her fall for him."

"Oh?" Splinter turned to Leo for an explanation.

"Well, it's not just dinner. I asked her on a date," Leo shot back at Raph.

The red clad turtle paused. "Wait... what?"

"You did now, did you?" Splinter questioned.

"Yeah." Leo nodded in confirmation. "It's our-"

"Leo?"