Chapter 18

"I was beginning to think you were a no-show, but you don't disappoint."

Karai turned around on the roof of the Byerly building to see Leo standing on the edge.

"So what's this about?" The blue clad turtle questioned as he strode towards her cautiously.

Karai tossed a pair of binoculars to Leo and he caught them with ease.

"That," Karai said, pointing to a window in a nearby building.

Leo used the binoculars to see what she was pointing to. His eyes widened when he saw a katana sitting on a stand on display. "That's the sword of Miyamoto Musashi."

"The greatest swordsman in the history of Japan. It's ancient. It's priceless. And it's yours," Karai spoke slowly as she came up behind him. "If you help me."

Leo bit the inside of his lip. "Do what?"

"You know what," Karai replied with a chuckle. "We're going to steal it."

"No, we're not."

"Come on, that sword is just sitting there, collecting dust. You know you deserve that katana certainly more than some lazy rich guy," Karai tried to persuade, leaning over his shoulder. "Stop being responsible, Leo. Stop waiting for people to give you the life you want. Go out and take it."

Leo paused for a moment. He wanted to impress this girl, but every bone in his body said this was wrong. "No."

"I'm getting that sword, Leo, with or without you. Choose," Karai spoke, resting her hands on her hips.

You fight for good. I really admire you, Leo. Don't forget that.

He thought about what Sofia had said to him and he straightened his shoulders. "I can't. It's wrong."

Karai frowned as she reached for the hilt of her sword. "You're starting to bore me."

"Karai, you don't have to do this," Leo said quickly as he grabbed her hand, stopping her from grabbing her sword.

"I know. That's what makes it fun!" She twisted Leo's arm, shoving the turtle down to the ground with his arm behind his shell.

"Leo!"

The blue clad turtle looked up to see Raph running towards him with Sofia close behind.

"Wha- what are you doing? Who's she?" Raph questioned.

"Um, Uh, Raph, Karai. Karai, Raph. Sofia, Karai. Karai, Sofia," Leo introduced awkwardly, still shoved into the roof.

"What are you, friends with her? We're out there risking our necks, and you're up here holding hands with the foot!" Raph scolded.

Sofia's expression stayed the same as she nudged Raph. "Let him explain."

"Yeah! I can explain," Leo said quickly as Karai let him up.

Karai snickered as she crossed her arms. "This should be entertaining."

"You see, Karai and I share an appreciation for the fine craftsmanship of-" Leo started to nervously explain before a Growling noise caught all their attention.

"I found you, turtles!"

Snakeweed climbed up onto the roof and Leo let out a breath as he drew his katanas.

"Oh, thank goodness," the oldest turtle mumbled.

The four all had to jump out of the way as one Snakeweed's vines swung at them.

"All is forgiven. You're the leader again. Welcome back," Raph said quickly as he gripped his sais tight.

"You called Sofia?" Leo scolded as he slashed at the vine coming towards him. "She and April were having girl night!"