Chapter 5

"Guys, guys, get in your spot!"

"All right, Mikey, but this is the last time!" Raph responded to his youngest brother.

"But don't flip me this time!" Donnie spoke up.

"I ate too much cheese," Leo groaned as he stayed curled up between Raph and Donnie.

At the moment, Donnie, Raph, and Leo were lined up on the floor in front of a makeshift ramp with pizza boxes and trash strewn across the living room. Mikey stood at the top of the ramp with his skateboard ready.

"And now the kid goes for the world record! He will attempt to jump three mutant turtles!" Mikey announced.

"I can't believe he talked us into this," Raph muttered.

"Ya! Booyakasha!" Mikey shouted as he rode down the ramp.

Splinter burst in and gave his sons a stern glare. "What is going on in here?!"

"Sensei!" Leo stood up quickly, Raph and Donnie following suit immediately.

"Whoa!" Mikey waved his hands but it was too late as he slammed into his brothers.

The four turtles laid in a heap on the floor, all discombobulated.

"How many times have I told you not to skateboard in the lair?" Splinter asked, his hands folded behind his back.

"None, Sensei," Mikey answered.

Splinter frowned. "I shouldn't have to tell you!"

"You're right, Sensei. We definitely should have known better and we deserve to be punished. Eh, some," Leo replied, rocking on his feet a bit.

"And what do you think would be a fitting punishment?" Splinter asked as he stroked his beard, leaning towards his eldest son.

"Well, uh, we- we should clean up our mess? And then think about what we did," Leo answered, getting no help from the others.

"Yeah. Sounds about right. We were wrong. Wouldn't want to do too much. No worries," the other three agreed in a jumble.

"What about being grounded for a week?" Splinter suggested.

"Oh, I'm not sure that's-"

"I'm cool with the thinking."

"Really, that's not necessary."

"Maybe next time."

"You're grounded for a week!" Splinter spoke sternly.

The turned groaned in defeat before the skateboard ramp collapsed behind them which made Splinter grimace.

"Now, clean this place up," Splinter ordered.

"Yes, Sensei."

🍕

"This bites! I can't believe we're stuck down here for a whole week!" Raph groaned.

It had only been three days and they were all itching to go topside.

"Guys, guys! You wanna see what I made?" Donnie ran into the living room.

"This is how bored I am. Yes, Donnie. I do," Raph replied as he looked to his brother.

"Ok, ok, ok! Remember the other day I was scrounging in that military junkyard?"

"No," the other three replied in unison.

"Well, I found an incredibly advanced A.I. microchip, made from- get this! Self-assembled chain-linked copolymers!" Donnie exclaimed excitedly.

"That's my favorite kind of copolymer," Mikey spoke up before looking back at his comic.