Chapter 4

Sofia sighed as she swung her sword around lazily while pacing on the roof.

She was feeling rather indecisive after a so far uneventful night. She was taking her usual break where she would grab a bite to eat at some late nigth cafe or corner store, but she couldn't decide on what she wanted.

"Hey, Shadow, how've you been?"

She was ripped out of her thoughts and whipped her head around. Her eyes went wide when she saw the face of the blue masked turtle before her.

"Blue?" Sofia spoke as a smile spread across her face. "What are you doing out here? Where are your brothers?"

"They're back at home. I needed to clear my head and meditation wasn't helping. What about you?" Leo walked closer while Sofia sheathed her katana.

"Thinking about what I want to eat. I'm not really that hungry tonight though," Sofia answered as she pulled her mask down.

Leo hummed as he smiled at her. "Well, I don't have anything on me. Sorry."

"Don't worry about it. Anything interesting happen for you guys?" She asked, sitting on the edge of the roof.

"Nothing other than more training. Oh, but there was an incident where Mikey got himself into trouble with Chris Bradford. We found out that there are other ninjas here," Leo explained while he took a seat beside her. "Did you know anything about that."

"No, I didn't. I was surprised to find that you guys were even here. So now there's more? And I'm assuming from your tone that they are not friendly?"

"Absolutely not," Leo confirmed with a nod. "They're from the foot clan. They're our enemies."

"Any enemy of your is an enemy of mine. You guys are cool and I wanna help you whenever I can," Sofia said as she smiled.

"Well, what have you been up to since we last saw each other?" Leo asked curiously.

"Nothing interesting. I'm homeschooled so I do school till two o'clock and then training until dinner. After dinner I usually meditate and then I come out here for patrol. This is always the highlight of my day," Sofia admitted as she looked over the city. "And now I get the surprise of seeing you at night too."

Leo rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled at her. "I guess we are kinda fun to be around."

"Out of curiosity, how long have you guys been training and fighting the Kraang?"

"Oh, well, we've been training in the art of ninjitsu for as long as I can remember. Our father is a great ninjitsu master so he passed down his art to us. But we've never been up to the surface until the first night we met. That was actually our mutation day. We don't know when our birthday is so we celebrate our mutation day," Leo explained.

"Dang, if I'd known I would've gotten you a present," Sofia joked as she nudged him, pulling a laugh from the turtle.

"Meeting you was a present enough," Leo shot back.

"That's so sweet." Sofia laughed lightly as she crossed her legs up on the edge of the roof.

"How come you won't tell us your name?" Leo asked as he turned his body towards her. She followed suit, turning herself towards the mutant.

"Think of it as a little game," she replied as she leaned forward a bit. "You have to guess. Each time we meet, you get three guesses."

"And if I get it right? What do I get?" Leo asked as he looked at her.

"Hmm, I'll surprise you. How 'bout that?" Sofia replied with a wink.

Leo hummed with a nod. "I can work with that. My first guess is gonna be... Emily?"