Chapter 12

"Kraang, in how many time units known as minutes will the device containing the mutagen that will be spread over the place known as New York, be detonated?"

"Five."

As the Kraang droids communicated, the turtles and Shadow prepared their attack.

An arrow hit the Kraang at the control panel before it exploded.

The drones that were protecting the mutagen bomb immediately went on the defense.

Raph let another arrow loose at one of the droids before aiming again.

Shadow heard a blaster powering up and saw a Kraang aiming at Raph. She grabbed an arrow from Mikey and ran up to the drone, stabbing the arrow into it's head before kicking it over the edge of the roof before the arrow exploded.

Raph looked at Shadow after having shot another Kraang gave a little nod. "Thanks."

"It's what I'm here for," Shadow replied with a smile before a Kraang droid fell between them.

The little Kraang ran across the roof between Raph's legs before climbing over the edge of the roof.

Leo jumped down from the top of the bomb. "Okay, Donnie, it's up to you."

Donnie ran o er to the control panel and opened up the wire box. "Uh-oh."

"Uh-oh? Donnie, you said you knew how to do this!" Leo shrieked as he looked into the wire box.

"I didn't count on a design this complex, Leo!" Donnie argued right back.

"They're aliens from another dimension. What did you expect?! A big round ball with a lit fuse that said bomb?!"

"No, but this-"

"Boy, I sure hope this argument goes on for another four minutes and fifteen seconds!" Raph scolded, smacking Donnie upside the head.

Donnie grimaced before looking around the box, trying to decide what he had to do first.

"Careful!" Leo warned.

"Watch out for those wires," Raph cautioned nervously.

"You guys are not helping!" Donnie shouted as he glared at his brothers.

"What if we just push this button?" Mikey asked as he reached towards a button, but Shadow quickly pulled him back.

"No-ho," she said quickly with a scared look.

"Don't you thing you've pushed enough buttons tonight?" Raph scolded.

"Donnie, you're gonna have to speed this up," Leo urged desperately as he watched Donnie.

"I cannot work with all this pressure!"

A noise behind them made Leo's eyes widen.

"Um, that might be a problem..." Leo turned around and his eyes narrowed.

Xever and Bradford were perched on the ledge of the sign for the building they were on.

"You guys picked a really bad time for this," Leo grumbled.

"Oh, sorry for the inconvenience. When would you prefer to breathe your last breath?" Xever asked, his lips pulled up into a crooked grin.

"Does five minutes work for you?" Shadow asked as she swung her katanas at her sides.

The two men grimaced at her comment before leaping from the ledge.

"Could've said no," Shadow muttered as she ran at Xever.