Chapter 10

"You guys want to speed it up a little?" April spoke as she walked beside Sofia.

"Are you saying turtles are slow?" Donnie questioned as he peeked out from behind a pillar.

Mikey frowned as he looked at the redhead. "That's a hurtful stereotype."

"Trust us, April. We are better off keeping a low profile. We find people treat us better when they don't know we exist," Leo said with a sheepish smile.

"Sorry. I'm just so excited to get you out of the sewer for a change," April said.

"What are you talking about? We go out all the time," Raph reminded.

"Yeah, but tonight you're going to do something besides hitting people," Sofia clarified.

"Aww," Raph whined with a frown.

"Don't worry. You're going to love this noodle place I found," April said as she waved Raph off.

"And you're sure we'll be welcome?" Donnie asked cautiously.

"Oh, yeah. Mr. Murakami doesn't care what you look like. In fact, he won't even know what you look like. He's blind," April explained which made Mikey perk up.

"Awesome!" The orange turtle cheered before Raph nudged him. "I mean, for us obviously."

"I'm excited to try this place out!" Sofia said with a bright smile as she kept walking.

They got up to the corner before hearing glass breaking and things being thrown around.

"Oh, no!" April cried as she ran up to the shop.

"Who are those creeps?" Donnie asked as he looked at the three guys making a mess of the noodle shop.

"The Purple Dragons. They think they own the streets around here," Sofia replied with a frown on her face.

"So much for not hitting people tonight," Leo said as he cracked his knuckles.

Raph chuckled as he shrugged. "Oh, well."

"Booyakasha!" Mikey exclaimed as they burst in through the front door.

The Purple Dragons all stopped and turned their attention to the turtles.

"All right, let him go. You don't want any trouble," Leo warned as he narrowed his eyes

"We, on the other hand, do," Raph spoke up, grinning like a madman as he waited for the fight.

"Whoa, those guys were serious. There really are giant turtles!" One of the guys shouted.

Mikey's eyes widened in excitement. "You've heard of us? Dudes, we're famous!"

"That's bad," Donnie reminded as he glared at his little brother.

"Oh. Right," Mikey replied with a sheepish grin.

"Whatever you are, this neighborhood is ours. So why don't you slither back to the ocean you came from?" Fong fired off.

"Actually, we're freshwater turtles. I suspect that we're derived from the diamondback terrapin but it's possible we're a common box-" Donnie started to explain.

"Get 'em!" Fong ordered and Sid ran at the turtles with a sledge hammer.

Leo ducked and let Mikey jump over him to kick Sid into the wall.

Sofia swung her leg and kicked Fong in the face, sending him into the counter. "You just never stop, do you."

"Do I know you?" He grunted as he threw a weak punch that she easily dodged.