Chapter 7

"Keep moving. Don't let them surround you. Failure is not an option!" Leo shouted as he ran around the warehouse, dodging blasts from the Kraang guns.

"Technically, failure is always an option," Donnie spoke up.

"You know what else is an option? Slapping you!" Raph replied and Shadow snorted a laugh.

"Mikey! On the right!" Donnie warned his little brother.

"Your right or my right?" Mikey asked before the Kraang droid began shooting at him so he quickly ran away.

Donnie jumped in and hit the Kraang over the head, doing absolutely nothing. "Are you kidding me? I hate this thing!"

A said came flying in before Raph finished the job. "Nice work. When we're done here, there's a marching band that needs a majorette."

"Kraang, the present is being a positive time to be the testing of the energy cannon," one droid said to another as the turtles and Shadow took down their forces.

Two droids opened big doors, letting more Kraang through with a giant cannon.

"Everyone stand your ground!" Leo ordered as hey grouped together. The cannon powered up and Leo's eyes widened. "On second thought, run!"

The Kraang fired the cannon and the group leapt out of the way.

Shadow jumped from the crates to avoid getting hit like the other.

One blast took off the top of Donnie's staff. "Oh, come on!"

"Dude, your weapon just exploded!" Mikey exclaimed with a grin.

"How am I supposed to fight advanced alien technology with a stupid stick?!" Donnie complained as he hid behind some crates.

The rest of the group fought the Kraang to the best of their abilities before being pushed towards a wall.

"Kraang, destroy those who call themselves the turtles when that which is the signal is the signal that is given by me!" One of the Kraang droids directed.

"Blue, got any ideas?" Shadow asked with a hopeful expression.

Leo looked at her and then hummed before grabbing a star. He squinted his eyes before making sure Shadow was watching, throwing the star. It bounced off a few surfaces before hitting a button a nearby forklift. The lift rammed into the Kraang cannon, making it explode.

Shadow's eyes brightened as she nudged Leo. "That was impressive."

They jumped out the window and Leo chuckled lightly with a bright smile. "I guess it was pretty impressive."

"Dumb luck," Raph brushed it off.

Leo grinned with pride. "Wasn't luck, my friend. And dumb had nothing to do with it."

"Hey. Give me a hand with this," Donnie directed their attention to him dragging something out of the window.

"A hand with what?" Leo asked and Donnie looked back to the window.

"Here, I'll help you, Donnie," Shadow said as she climbed up to help pull.

The Kraang droid came through the window and Donnie brushed his hands off.

"We're carrying this thing because why?" Raph questioned as they dragged it to the manhole cover.

"Don't you want to understand how these things work?" Donnie asked as he looked at Raph.

"I know how they work. You hit 'em till the brainy toy surprise pops out," Raph replied with a grin.

"That's your problem, Raph. You never think things through," Donnie said as he put the Kraang droid into the open manhole, letting it sit there.