Chapter 16

Sofia was laying on the couch with her head on Leo's lap as they watched Space Heroes together.

"Who wants to try my latest creation?" Mikey announced as he walked over with a strange concoction in hand. "We all love pizza. We all love milkshakes. So I combined them!"

"Okay, that could not be less appetizing," Donnie spoke with a grimace.

"I call it a P-shake!"

Donnie gulped as he stared at the drink in horror. "I stand corrected..."

"You guys just have no sense of adventure." Mikey then took a sip and spit it back into the blender. "Blech! Where did I go wrong?"

He then decided to just drink all of it which made everyone shudder in disgust.

Leo just looked back to the television, playing with Sofia's hair as he enjoyed his favorite show.

"You have to be the only person in the world who likes this show," Raph teased.

"No way! There are millions of spaceniks out there. Plus, Sofia likes it," Leo said as he looked down at the girl who was laying in his lap.

"I think she's asleep," Raph muttered.

"Wide awake," she replied as she peeked an eye open. "And I enjoy watching Space Heroes with Leo so shut your piehole."

Leo gave a victorious grin before Raph grabbed the remote and switched the channel.

They came to news channel that was doing an interesting report.

"I'm Joan Grody, with a sewer shocker. City workers attacked by mutants?" The reporter, Joan, said over the tv.

"It was like part man, part reptile, and all monster! It came out of nowhere and attacked me!" The worker shouted in horror.

Everyone looked at Raph and he held his hands up in defense.

"Wasn't me," he said quickly.

"Take a look at this terrifying footage," Joan said before a video popped up.

"So some people think the sewers are dark and scary, but actually, it's a lot of-" In the background, a giant alligator creature stalked up behind the man before attacking him. "Somebody help me!"

Joan popped back up on the screen. "Are malicious mutants menacing Manhattan? Find out next on Grody to the max!"

"I got a bad feeling about this," Donnie whined.

"The last thing we want is some mutant causing trouble in the sewers," Leo spoke as he looked at his brothers.

"Or some news crew down here looking for him," Raph added.

"We've got to track this guy down and stop him ourselves," Leo said and Sofia sat up with a groan, her hair all fluffed from Leo playing with it.

"Wait, let's rewind this. Think I saw a tunnel number," Donnie said as he grabbed the remote, rewinding till he found what he was looking for. "There, tunnel two-eightyone."

"Let's go," Leo said and they all hopped up to get going.

🍕

"Whoa, check this out. What the heck made these footprints?"

Leo bent down to touch the giant footprint in the muck as they walked through the sewer tunnel.

"I really don't wanna know. I have a feeling it's not Bigfoot," Sofia muttered.

"As if we'd ever actually find Bigfoot," Raph shot back with a short laugh.

The tunnel was then filled with a loud roar and the firing of Kraang blasters.