Chapter 17

The four turtles ran down the street as they chased Snakeweed who had reappeared.

The giant weed monster snatched up the pizza man off his moped which made Mikey gasp.

"Not the pizza guy! Take Donnie!" Mikey cried out.

"Snakeweed's getting away!" Donnie shouted, ignoring Mikey's comment.

"Somebody help me!" The pizza guy called out desperately as Snakeweed ran into an alley.

"We've got him trapped," Leo said with a grin.

Raph punched his palm. "Good. Then let's go weed-whacking!"

"Tree-trimming!" Donnie added.

"Gardening! Boom! Ha ha! Oh, yeah. Mikey put the sprinkles on that sundae," Mikey spoke with a proud smirk.

"Let's go!" Raph said impatiently.

"Hang on, Raph. We're not charging a twelve foot regenerating mutant," Leo spoke quickly.

"Then what are we doing?"

"We'll take Snakeweed from above. Tie him up in the clotheslines. Come on," Leo instructed before starting his climb towards the roof.

"That'll take forever, and we have to stop Snakeweed now! I mean, he's kidnapping people," Raph shouted in protest.

"Not just people, people who bring pizza!" Mikey reminded.

"We take him from above. Let's move!" Leo ordered strictly.

They all made their way up to the roof, going over to the ledge.

"On my count. One, two- Where'd he-"

"And the award for worst leader goes to-" Raph started with a glare.

"How am I the worst leader?" Leo turned around to return the glare.

"If we did this my way, Snakeweed would be toast by now," Raph shot back.

"Ugh. That'd be some nasty toast," Mikey commented but Donnie pulled him back.

Donnie knew that without Sofia here to defuse the situation like she had been, they just needed to let them sort it out themselves.

"This way would've worked if you hadn't wasted time second-guessing my orders," Leo argued.

Raph scoffed as he rolled his eyes. "Don't give bad orders, and I won't second-guess 'em."

"You know what, Raph? If you think you could do better, why don't you lead?" Leo spoke irritatedly.

"First good idea you've had all day," Raph agreed as he crossed his arms over his plastron.

"We'll compromise. I'll lead," Mikey spoke up with a grin that quickly turn to a sheepish smile as his brothers both glared at him

"Fine, Raph, the team's yours. I'm out of here," Leo grumbled as he turned around and left, not looking back.

"I can't believe he's gone," Mikey whined.

"Aw, don't worry, Mikey. Leo, uh, he just needs some space," Donnie spoke before it hit him. "You meant the pizza guy, didn't you?"

"Yeah," Mikey replied with a nod.

🍕

Leo was on his way to see if he could crash the sleep over he knew April and Sofia were having.

He felt calm whenever he even just looked at Sofia and he really needed that right now.

He heard a noise behind him before finding himself surrounded.