11. Coincidence is not always a coincidence

A streaming cup of hot chocolate blocked the desktop. Looking at your right the one and only Kim Taehyung was holding a cup for you.

"Drink it. I bet you need one."

"Yeah, being sleep deprived does make me sluggish." You took a sip and again scrolled down the phone call list of the person accused.

He was in his dark academia costume, totally shades of brown with a pair of handcuffs hanging off his belt strip underneath his overcoat.

On the other hand you wore a white shirt and tapered pants with a harness like best that had an emblem of police department. Even if you were a detective you were still a part of governmental program which was involved with cops.

Taehyung sat across you and turned the pages in the file. He said," Why are we digging into it? The kid himself accused his father. We all know that it was an attempted murder."

You sighed," There is something wrong in this case. A witness gave a statement that the kid is lying. The father was not home when he fell from stairs. There is something fishy!"

That's when you noticed a certain incoming number that has long call durations. "Yah, look at this!"

He came around the table and entrapped you between his arms to bend a little for going through the list. "Find the owner of this number."

He bobbed his head and went out of the office as you recalled the small conversation with the kid's mother.

She was crying and got triggered when asked if anything suspicious occurred during the last few days. She said," Our family has nothing wrong! It's perfect."

Nothing was matching. It was like a puzzle where every piece looked alike yet different.

"Y/N, look what I got!" Taehyung gave you a paper. "Dr. Yang? Isn't she the gynecologist of the kid's mother? Why would she talk to her husband?"

Taehyung thought a lot then his eyes grew big. "What if the father was having an affair?"

" You mean Mr. Hyuk was cheating on his five months pregnant wife who last month had a miscarriage? And he tried to kill his own son?"

"Why not? The kid has a life insurance. The neighbors often hear the couple fighting," said Taehyung. "Let's go and speak to Dr. Yang. Let's see what she has to lie." You nodded and followed him out.

When you reached her clinic you had to admit she was around your age. In her defense sbe said," Mr. Hyuk was always worried about his son's heart condition. Poor kid does suffer a lot. He was worried about his upcoming child, that's why we were in touch."

"I hope it was not more than touch." Taehyung grinned before opening two of his dress shirt, showing off his buff chest while the blazer rested in his arm.

You went confused when he walked closer to her and tugged her hair behind the ear. "Don't take me wrong. You're such a beauty. Who won't think of you, honey?"

Her eyes darkened and you knew Taehyung was after something. He was seducing her on purpose. He kissed her knuckles and pulled her by waist. "Y/N, can you give us some privacy?" You rolled the eyes and cursed him under the breath.

Closing the door you counted till hundred because that's how much time he needed to get the things out of her mouth.

When the door burst open he smirked and said," I know who the victim is. Follow me." He motioned you to come with his finger. He dialled Jimin's number and called for backup.

"What you did with her?" You asked.

"I complimented her."

"Bruh! You dirty talked her, didn't you?"