13. A man of character

"You should go." You lowered your gaze at feet. You didn't had the courage to peep into his piercing orbs that was sucking your soul with the gravity of immense love.

You shouldn't melt. Not yet. Remember what he did to you!

But was dragging a topic going to help it either? Nope.

Struggles were called struggles because they were hard times. They bruise you, rough and bad, hardly letting you breath but when you overcome them, the breathe of air feels like fragrance.

"You should head back." You stepped back and went away, into the attached Kitchen.

"Yeah, I think so. I guess.. See you tomorrow." He rubbed his nape.

You hummed before opening the refrigerator and rummaging through the plastic bag that you carelessly, lazily stuffed into it last night. Call it odds, but wishing a busy cop who lives alone to have an arranged and clean home, no way!

Youth could relate to it very well.

"Wait!" Before he would close the door behind you raced to the doorframe and handed him a pack of banana milk. "Just in case. I didn't asked you tea or coffee so say it's a compensation. I ain't that cruel." With that tiny pout you close the door while he was astonished. The poor guy didn't got any chance to even say a pleasant,' thank you.'

He shook his head in disbelief. He chuckled his way back to his car which was parked a block away. The chauffeur cum driver opened the Lamborghini door as Jungkook slide in the backseat. He was smiling ear to ear at how you were giving him mixed feelings.

"This girl..." He signed in awe.

A little white lie won't hurt anyone, right? He not only build an empire for helping needy people but much more.

"Drive." He commanded.

"Yes, Sir Jeon." The driver informed the two other black SUV, one in front and one at back which were full of huge bodyguards.

He pressed the button to close the separation between the back and driver's seat and sinked further into the leather. He poked the pack of it and sucked the drink. He's eyes were looking out thought the tinted windows and he wondered why he still wanted you.

You wondered the same thing. Watching the red roses, big and fragrant, you dialled your chief's number.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hi, I was wondering if I could get an urgent leave tomorrow."

"What happened? Is everything alright?"

You fiddled with the spiral wire of the receiver and said," Yeah, I was just meeting a... friend from school days and he wants to have a day out. Can I?"

You heard him sigh because the work load was heavy on your shoulders and asking for a leave would mess up several paperworks. You could have lied to him, lie about any of your relatives passing away but you wanted to be honest with him.

Honesty is the best policy.

Exception prevails everywhere!

"Fine. But when you come back you're doing double shifts."

"Fine by me." You smiled then ended the call.

Even taking a leave was hard and he was expecting few minutes? You hardly got time for self care. Nevertheless, you spent rest of he day in bed. Using phone, ordering takeouts and sleeping were basic.

The next day he brought you to his orphanage which was surrounded by miles of vineyards. It was in built in British style, an inbuilt wine fermenter was across the road.