18. Red Chopsticks killer: Agust-D

"Should I tell her..," Jungkook was watching you go out for an emergency meeting, "..that what kind of person I am?"

He heard the door get shut and sighed while looking at his reflection in the mirror. He said,"Kim Y/N doesn't know anything about me. She doesn't know my past and she doesn't know I'm abnormal."

"I can't do this anymore. I don't wanna hide in shadows. She loves me and it doesn't seem right to use that trust." He debated if he should cancel the mission or not. It was too risky.

There's not a day when he felt like clawing his sins away. Beating himself for all the reasonable reasons to call him a traitor. Yes, he was a criminal but each night when he tugged you close, involuntary, like his safe place he could feel himself melting.

Sex wasn't a foreplay of his plan. It's an offering of love where he felt being held by a certain someone who caresses him and just appreciate him.

Back then he didn't wanted to hurt you. When he disappeared from your life it was purely because you wanted space. Until he realised what he missed when you were gone from his life. He searched for you but there was no clue.

Except the day he was watching news and saw you on screen as a cop. It was so easy for him to get your coordinates. The pressure of downfall of his empire and his own broken heart were battling.

During fragile moments of his gang he was at the verge of getting replaced. In severe cases, he'd be executed. He didn't wanted to be killed. He wanted one more day beside you so he had to lie. Thousands of other lie to hide his previous ones.

He didn't knew when the pile overpowered him, strangling his honest intentions with wicked abstract.

It was a cruel circus of circumstances where he always reminded himself to make up for it in the future. The future which would become futile if you weren't a part of it.

Meanwhile you drove to the department headquarters where you had been called along with Taehyung and Jimin. Honestly, you were distracted with whatever you got to know recently.

After parking the car you climbed the stairs to the second floor where meeting would occur in five minutes.

As soon as you entered Taehyung bumped into you at the corner of the hallway. Your wallet and keys fell on the floor as you tried to balance on heels. Taehyung groaned," Watch out, sis." He bent to pick up the wallet but his eyes got stuck on a photo peeking out of it.

In it Jungkook was hugging you.

"Is he Jungkook?" He asked. You snatched it back. "How do you know him?" He said,"Nina told me that only one guy was brave enough to court you. Are you guys still together?"

"He's my fiance. Forget that, the meeting will start soon. Let's go."

"What if it's someone we know? Will you be stern to get rid of him?" Taehyung's voice was heard behind you.

You paused at the threshold, holding the doorframe with a grip then looking over the shoulder you said," He's running after his passion and I'll follow my duty. That's the relationship we have."

You pulled him inside. A few minutes later the senior administrative officers entered along with Jimin and Seokjin who directly took the podium and narrated the current situation to all.

"A case was filed few days ago about a murder using red chopsticks. It's handmade and has brutally punctured a man who was a weapon supplier. Our sources say that he was selling goods behind his boss's permission so they found out he was killed."

Taehyung raised his hand," What's the hype then? Aren't cops already on it?"

He was pissed because work was overloaded and all the assignments were falling in his and yours hands. Why were others doing?!