12. Just one day

"You think it's him?" Nina was bewildered when you told him about the possibility of catching glimpse of Jungkook on the crossing.

"I am not sure."

"It's so sus. I never saw his face nor your friends did. We don't even know how he looks like or if he's real and suddenly this guy came to Seoul from Paris? You need to sleep Y/N. You've been working non-stop since last 24 hrs."

"I know, it's ridiculous to believe but trust me I'm not silly enough to hallucinate." You rolled the eyes even if she wasn't practically present to witness.

She giggled,"Who knows? Your overworking as well as imagining things aren't universe apart."

"Maybe," you sighed," I'll talk to you later then. Goodnight." The call was cut. Staring right out of the window you fell asleep right on the couch, waking up with a sore neck and dried drool.

Gosh, no one would believe you're a cop. Be disciplined.

In the name of law, you went for the early morning shift from 4 to 12 am. You were in casuals, getting free for the rest of the day to drive back home.

Shutting the door you did the lock and just when you turned he was there. Dressed in a black shirt, rolled sleeves revealing his veins which held a bouquet of red roses, tampered pants heightening his massive thighs and shinning shoes that shone brighter than your neighbor's future.

His hair was pulled back, suble facial hair and his signature smile was all it took for him to leave you stunned.

Jungkook was walking closer and closer while to stumbled to stay still. You took another step back, getting the heels stuck in clay and fall but he was fast enough to pull you in his arms.

"Hi."

"....Hi."

Why were you so timid? You shouldn't be, at least not from him.

A quick flashback ran in the mind where you had kicked him out.

"Get your ass off my property. I want a break from your freaking mindset because I'm not something you could bind. Now, get out!"

When he didn't moved you grabbed his hand and threw him out of the house.

"Do not show up unless you correct yourself for better."

Instantly you pushed yourself off him. "What are you doing here?"

"Flowers," he handed you the bouquet with that cheeky smile. Totally discarding the question.

"Why after so long time?" You threw it back into his arms and walked away. He followed you, glancing in his arms at the red roses once in a while with sorrow.

He had enough. He held your wrist and said," Can we please talk? Few minutes, that's all I want."

He was determined to have a conversation. Since I was hard to get rid of him you decided to give him few moments.

"Follow me." You walked ahead and entered inside the house. Shoes goes to there respect platform before he walked into the living room and put the bundle of roses into a porcelain vase.

"It's a pretty crazy home," he took a spin around, taking in whatever he saw. The white walls, glass windows, furniture and Maplewood flooring, landing his eyes on you at the end.

You were crossed armed and with frown face. "Say it now, Jeon, we ain't got no time for chit chat."

"I'm sorry." He took a deep breath and said.

"I miss you. I really reflected on it. I should've known the boundaries. I respect woman. I regret everything that happened years ago but didn't we went to far?"

"You didn't reach out to me."

"Neither did you. What's the difference?"

Honestly, you didn't tried anything but to only do your daily routine and mourn. He was there but the blinds of arrogant anger and justice didn't scattered you to bend over.
"It was your fault. It was all your fault for being all sneaky and digging through my privacy. You know that."

"Yes, I do. I'll take every blame if you want me. I faced karma. I build an orphanage, charities came in and when we grew wider I build a private school in the hub of the city. Two more restaurants because the school was getting a good response. I donate 60% of the gain to the government. I pay tax, raise voice against human trafficking and saved a hostage in my neighborhood."

"It seems like a brag to me." You looked down then up.

"It's your way of analysis but truthfully, when I built an empire I had only one thought in mind, that is, I was compensating for the ill deeds I did back in the past, including what I did with you. Can you forgive me?"

"Forgiveness is not granted, you have to earn it."

"That's why I am here. I am willing to earn it. Everyone deserves a second chance. Do I have any possibility of it?"

You wanted to kick him out of the house because that didn't felt like a proper apology. But you didn't understood that as a person from a dark background even apologizing was a great deal, let drop on his knees. He was doing way past his limits. He was going beyond his own self respect. As a human which you should consider cuz you claim yourself as a wise human yet not everything in the world could be forgiven very easily.

One should make efforts to please something.

But what were you expecting? A paragraph of philosophy that contained something Shakespeare would say. He clearly mentioned he runs an orphanage, schools, restaurants and other charities. That means he's sheltering the abandons, educating thousands of children and employing hundreds. He's practically doing a great job.

He went down on his knees and took your hands in his. Looking at you with glistening eyes he said," I want one day of your life. If you don't believe me, come and see it. I became stronger for you. I changed for you."

Men would change? Men will always be men. But you wanted to see if this man was lying or telling the truth.

Nevertheless he wasn't in mafia you should be scared of. Literally, you should be scared of nothing.

"Just one day." A tiny whisper got the ends of his lips to stretch into a wide smile.

"But... Don't expect me to be bejeweled in the wealth. I don't owe you anything. I won't have mercy on you."

"I swear to earn your faith."

He stood up, pulling you in a tight hug that you wanted to pass soon. The urge of pulling away was suppressed by the feeling of his warmth and slight wetness on the shoulder. Oh boi, he really missed you and this feeling of being with you after a long phase of loneliness.

He didn't moved on or relied on other female although he had option. He could've moved on with the green signal called 'relationship break' and never see you afterwards. He could've denied to acknowledge you in front of his date but he waited. He waited for eight years in his adulthood which should be filled with colours as he was at the top but the roots of something he was caught up in the past was holding him from grabbing a different hand.

He pecked the knuckles of your hand. The only one he would love to intertwine fingers with or walk down the street while holding them. He just loved the minor gestures to feel and show how major you were in his life.

A huge bunny grin was in his face when he tugged your hair strand and stared in admiration. "Thank you so much, Y/N. It means a lot."

His eyes resembled the eyes of an artist to his artwork, eyes of a lover.

[A/N]
I loved the 'My mind & Me' documentary btw.
Do vote, comment and follow.