Great Council of Harrenhal

Harrenhal, the Riverlands

101 AC

"Grandpapa! Save me!" a small voice yelled and Jaehaerys paused his walk, a smile coming onto his face.

"Jaehaera, have you fled your Septa again?" Jaehaerys said amused, picking the little princess up.

"Septa Alessandra is boring and mean." Jaehaera pouted. "She won't let me read anything other than the Seven Pointed Star!"

"That's a crime." Jaehaerys muttered. "I will fix that, little dragon."

"And Lord Otto says he caught her in bed with Daemon." the eldest grandchild of Baelon the Brave said tactlessly.

"Wait what." the Old King said, pausing.

"Princess Jaehaera!" a voice barked and Jaehaerys turned around to see Septa Alessandra. She swiftly stopped when she saw Jaehaera in the arms of her great grandfather and namesake.

"I will look after Jaehaera for the day, Septa Alessandra." Jaehaerys said coldly. "How about we fly on Vermithor little dragon?"

"Yes please." the violet eyed princess cheered.

Royal quarters, Harrenhal

101 AC

Jaehaerys was nursing a bottle of wine as his grandchildren screamed at each other.

Viserys had won the Great Council, but Rhaenys and Corlys were still furious at losing.

"ENOUGH!" he barked and they all stopped shouting. "Viserys has won and that is final. BUT we could solve this mess peacefully."

"Ironically, my Jaehaera is the heir until I have a son." Viserys said.

"A betrothal between Jaehaera and Laenyx. He is the second son, and could take the Targaryen name." Jaehaerys proposed.

Corlys and Rhaenys began whispering before they both nodded. "That is agreeable."

"Good." the Old King said. "Now, we are family. More importantly, we are the ROYAL family of Westeros. We MUST present a united front in front of the viper pit that is the royal court. Am. I. Clear?"

Everyone nodded.

"Good. First, Viserys, I need you to summon a governess form White Harbor, Septa Alessandra is an inadequate teacher for Rhaenyra and Jaehaera. And Daemon—why are you fucking a SEPTA out of all the women in the Red Keep!?" the Old King barked.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.