Discoveries

Dragonstone Castle, Dragonstone Island

121 AC

Jaehaera carefully explored one of the dusty rooms of Dragonstone. Aemma had left to foster at Storm's End while the boys, Baela, and Rhaena were training under Ser Harwin, Daemon, Laenyx's command.

The silver-gold haired princess had done her two hour against Daemon and Laenyx regiment earlier.

Something caught her and she turned to a small chest with a silver lock. Curious, she dug around, finding the key and opened the lock.

A book, several pencils, parchment papers, and a dried ink cup sat in it. The books title was what got her attention.

The Court, Reign, and Politics of the Conciliator by Queen Alysanne Targaryen and King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.

Fingers trembling, she picked it up. The Queen of Dragons remembered her great grandfather always writing in the last years of her life.

Slowly, she began to read it.

Two hours later, she cried when she finished it. The book had started from 48 AC to 103 AC, ending two days before her Grandpapa's death.

"Jae?" Laenyx inquired as he entered the room. "Are you okay?"

"Just found Grandpapa's and Great grandmother's book." she murmured, standing up. "This will make a great book."

Jaehaera held the book close while fishing out the parchments of Jaehaerys invention 'the printing press' he called it, and they left the room.

Viserys was utterly delighted when he was given a copy of the book. The original remained in Jaehaera's solar at Dragonstone.

Many courtiers requested copies of their own and were given them. Though carefully edited to remove Targaryen family secrets: there weren't many, Alysanne and Jaehaerys were careful about that.

That is today's chapter! I hope you enjoyed it!