Interlude: Sickness of 120 AC

The tourney for Prince Aegon's name day was that of great excitement for court. After six months of fostering on Dragonstone, the prince would briefly return to the royal court for the name day celebrations.

An event that should have been one of happiness was instead that of tragedy.

A strange sickness swept through the tourney and city. Many died from the sickness, and King Viserys ordered a city wide quarantine.

This saved the smallfolk, but was not fast enough for the nobles.

Ser Criston Cole and Ser Rickard Thorne died, along with Grand Maester Mellos. Queen Alicent perished as well, dying before the sun was up.

All of House Hightower, gathered for Prince Aegon's name day, perished, including Otto Hightower. While a few whispered it could be the work of the Black Queen, but Princess Jaehaera had fallen sick as well and saved only by powerful purges.

Prince Aemon, Princess Helaena, Prince Daemon, Princess Aemma, Lady Baela, and Prince Daeron fell similarly ill, but lived.

And so, all those who died were burned to prevent the sickness spreading, and after a month, the sickness was gone.

And the Greens were no more.

—Excerpt from The Politics of Royal Court of Viserys I Targaryen by Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, the Historian.

So what Jaehaera was use poisons and a few other things to kill the entirety of House Hightower. She also poisoned herself and other members of her family so she wouldn't get blamed, along with her political enemies and random people to make it seem more real.

And 'The Politics of Royal Court of Viserys I Targaryen' is a book written by Rhaenys Targaryen, the Queen Who Never Was.

She decided to document Viserys's court and the politics in 106 AC, and published the book after Viserys kicked the bucket in 129 AC. After that, she's nicknamed the Historian.

Similarly, Alysanne wrote a book on the reign, court, and politics of Jaehaerys reign. She wrote everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (expect the more... inappropriate stuff.).

When she died, Jaehaerys finds it and finished writing it and it was finally published when Jaehaera found/finds the book. Which will happen soon.

And in this storyline universe, centuries later the books are still bestsellers and used by historians, as the respective authors were there in the moment and had an up close view of the entirety of the respective kings reigns.

Historians and House Targaryen also use it for the life of one of their most (in)famous members: Jaehaera Targaryen.