Interlude: The Dragons

Beaches of Driftmark

120 AC

Aemond stood nervously next to Helaena. Their mother had thrown a huge fit but Father had refused and insisted on it—to foster all of his children with his eldest child.

"So we're going to be with you on Dragonstone for three years?" Daeron asked excitedly.

"Yes." Laenyx said mildly, doing a head count to ensure everyone was there.

"And how will we get there?" Aegon sneered.

Jaehaera gave her half brother a flat look. Daemon would be the best to kick Aegon off his high horse, she mused.

"We fly."

Just then, loud shrieks and roars echoed and Jaehaera and Laenyx's children cheered, rushing to their mounts.

Tessarion and Dreamfyre also flew over, Daeron rushing to the Blue Queen as Helaena smiled happily, walking to her mount and stroking her.

Sunfyre flew over as well.

Aemond couldn't help the flash of jealousy at his nieces and nephews since they all had dragons and the awe when he saw Vermithor, the Bronze Fury and King of Dragons, and Silverwing, the two largest dragons after Vhagar.

Vhagar, who Aemond intended to claim... but Rhaena had beat him to the Queen of All Dragons.

"There are plenty of dragons at the Dragonmont. It's going to be mating season soon, which means eggs, and there are hatchlings and drakes as well. I forbid you to go after the Cannibal, but Grey Ghost is open." Jaehaera said. "And Rhaelle's egg hasn't hatched yet as well. Not many eggs hatch, but we do put them in cradles of our newborns."

"Did I say that out loud?" the second son of Alicent Hightower and Viserys Targaryen mutter.

"Yes." the Realm's Light smiled.

Blushing faintly, he focused on the dragons.

Skyseer was Aemma's mount, and Tessarion's older sister, hatching in 90 AC.

Skyseer had cobalt blue scales, silver horns, spines, and claws. Her wing membranes were a dark cobalt blue wing that turned silver at the end, and she had pale blue eyes with cobalt blue and silver flames.

Aemon had named his mount Gaelithox. Gaelithox had black with bronze horns, spines, and claws, black wing membranes, bronze belly scales, and black flames with bronze streaks, also hatching in 90 AC, the son of Vermithor and Silverwing.

Baelor had Stormreaver, who had storm gray scales, horns and spines, silver markings, deep gray wing membranes, silver eyes and silver flames. She had hatched in 100 AC.

Daenerys had a drake, Sundancer, who had hatched in 114 AC. Sundancer had gold and yellow scales, light gold wing membranes, horns, and spines, and pale yellow chest and belly scales. Her eyes were amber in color with golden flames.

"Alright. Daeron, Baela, Aegon, Helaena, Aemon, Aemma, Baelor, you can fly with us adults. Daenerys, you're going to sail with Lord Corlys on the Summer Wind with Rhaelle. Sundancer will follow you, don't worry." Jaehaera barked.

"Rhaena." Laenyx said. "We don't want a repeat of Aerea getting dragged off to Valyria by Balerion. So don't do any tricks, and just follow everyone else. 

"Are Jace, Luke, Aunt Rhaenyra, and Joffrey coming?" Aemma asked.

"No. They are staying here with Princess Rhaenys on Driftmark." Jaehaera informed them.

Aemond felt horrible for Ser Laenyx. He had lost his sister and brother within six months of each other.

"What about me?" he asked.

The Fire Princess smiled. "You're to fly with me on Vermithor."

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!