The King

Viserys's Chambers, Maegor's Holdfast, the Red Keep

129 AC

"Kepa? You wanted to see me." Jaehaera murmured, entering the room. Following Rhaenys retirement in 125 AC, he had made Jaehaera his Hand.

His heiress had proved herself a capable Hand, loved by the smallfolk and respected by the lords.

"Tala." Viserys smiled, laying in his bed. "I'm glad to see you again."

Sickness and age had taken away at the fifth Targaryen king, which he knew. But his family... he was so proud of them.

Fostering at Dragonstone had brought them so close, a tight nit unit who cared and loved and fiercely defended one another.

Helaena and Aegon had married. Hs third daughter revealed she requested this to avoid the numerous lords who only wanted her to bring dragons to their lines.

They had three children: Jaehaerys and Jaehaera in 124 AC, and Maelor in 127 AC. Aegon ran the Gold Cloaks now with Aemond as co-comannders.

Aemond hadn't married at all, but Alexander Baratheon and Aemma's wedding was coming close. Aemon would wed Rhaena when she turned sixteen, as Baela was betrothed to Jacaerys Velaryon.

Sweet Daenerys was loved by all who meet her, and little Rhaelle was a precocious child. Both sisters held great promise, and they had dragons of their own: Sundancer for Daenerys and Shrykos for Rhaelle.

Daeron, his youngest, was betrothed too Aliandra Martell, a year his junior, in accordance to the Pact of Sun and Fire, which would bring Dorne into the Seven Kingdoms. One of their children would marry Aemon's future heir.

Rhaenyra had married Daemon when Laenor had died, and they had three children: Aerion was nine years old, Viserys was seven, and Visenya was a toddler of two.

"I am so proud of you, and what you have done for our family." he whispered.

He knew what she did, but he said nothing. What the Realm's Light had done was necessary to prevent civil war—and he hadn't mourned Alicent.

Jaehaera stiffened, realixation dawning on her face. She opened her mouth but he quickly stopped her.

"Sōvegon, ñuha tala. Sōvegon se dōrī ivestragī aōha fears belmon ao. (Fly, my daughter. Fly and never let your fears chain you.)" he gasped out.

Aemma. I'm coming. Viserys Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm thought.

So. I decided to end this through Viserys perspective.

I also realized I was dragging out the story, so I decided to end it.

I hope you all enjoyed this story!