Blackfyre

The Small Council Chambers, the Red Keep

104 AC

Viserys canceled the rest of the progress and returned to the Red Keep with his family. When he arrived he called an emergency Small Council meeting.

"I have made up my mind about a few things while on the road after the attack." he began icily. All of the Small Council members paid close attention—if Viserys wasn't in his typically jolly mood, then it was serious.

"During the attack, Ser Steffon Darklyn died defending my daughter, Rhaenyra from being kidnapped." he began. "Ser Harwin Strong also rescued my heir, Jaehaera. He shall be named to the Kingsguard with Ser Steffon's death."

"I see no problem." Lyam Beesbury put his opinion on the table. "Ser Harwin is popular in the Riverlands, who are notoriously difficult to unite."

"I also have no objection to Ser Harwin's promotion." Corlys said. "He's strong and he has brains. He went alone against bandits to rescue Princess Jaehaera."

Lyonel Strong obviously agreed to his son's promotion. He had two older sons—at least his third had secured his future.

"The next is to train my daughter, Jaehaera, in sword fighting. And before any of you object look at what just happened—she had no way to defend herself! She will be trained how to fight with swords, and she will wield Blackfyre." Viserys ordered. "Ser Harrold will personally oversee her training, along with other swordsmen, and my brother will also help with her training. As will Princess Rhaenys."

Viserys arguement shut down any objections the Small Council minus Rhaenys (Her own father, Prince Aemon, had taught her how to fight).

Jaehaera's chambers, Maegor's Holdfast

104 AC

Jaehaera poured over one of the books Rhaenys had given her. A knock on the door made her jump, her hand going for the dagger Princess Rhaenys had given her. Though it was plain, the dagger was made from Valyrian steel with a smooth dragon bone hilt.

"Enter." she said and her Father entered the room.

"Jae. How are you?" Viserys asked, sitting down next to her on her bed.

"Terrified." the seven year old princess mumbled.

"Its okay to be terrified, Jae." Viserys said. "Emotions make us human. Without being able to feel, what are we? Also, I have a surprise for you."

He drew Blackfyre from behind his back. Jaehaera's jaw dropped. "That's Blackfyre!"

"Aye. The sword of Kings... and heir of the Iron Throne." the eldest son of Baelon Targaryen said with a smile.

"I am to train with swords?" Jaehaera asked excitedly.

"Your Mother and I agreed it is the best course of action. And Rhaenyra will be trained in combat as well—she is a prodigy with a bow." Viserys said.

"When do I begin?" the Fire Princess inquired.

"Tomorrow."

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.