Remarriage

Training courtyard, the Red Keep

107 AC

"Again." Harwin said as Jaehaera slashed her sword at the dummy. "Put more strength into it."

Jaehaera gritted her teeth and swung again, this time being able to nearly take the head of the dummy off.

Harwin was a great warrior, but also an excellent teacher. He could gradually ramp up the difficultly of the lessons, while still making them fun.

"Good." her sworn shield nodded. "Go through what Rhaenys showed you earlier a dozen times."

Jaehaera nodded and began to do what Rhaenys had showed her. Then the Queen Who Never Was entered the training courtyard.

"Rhaenys? Is something wrong?" Jaehaera paused her exercises.

"Your father is remarrying." Rhaenys announced.

"To whom?"

"Lady Alicent Hightower." Rhaenys pursed her lips. "The wedding is in a fortnight. Here is some advice, little dragon."

The princess named after the Conciliator listened to her cousin's advice.

"Alicent will not agree with you being the heir. She will push for her eldest son to be the new heir of the Iron Throne. The moment your father dies, war will break out. You need to start stacking the cards in your favor." the eldest grandchild of Jaehaerys advised.

Rhaenys paused. "Men would sooner put the realm to the torch than see a woman ascend the Iron Throne."

"Then they better learn a women will ascend. Just because my possible brothers have a cock, doesn't mean they're the best choice." Jaehaera said. "The Iron Throne is mine. Anyone who tries to protest will meet Fire and Blood."

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.