Interlude: the Ladies in Waiting (part 2)

So we covered Aella, Celia, Lilian, and Josephine, along with a bit of Sadie.

Onto the next chapter!

Beaches of Driftmark Island

115 AC

Natalia heard Vermithor's roar, looked up from her book, and saw the Bronze Fury flying away. Jaehaera did this sometimes—flying on Vermithor and vanishing for hours on end.

Ser Laenor, Lady Laena, Princess Rhaenys, Prince Daemon, Ser Laenyx, and Princess Rhaenyra did this as well.

"Where do you think she is going?" she inquired her lover, Lady Emilia Tyrell.

"I don't know. Maybe she's just flying for the sake of flying—she had to stop during her pregnancy." Emilia shrugged.

The Redwyne maiden hummed, cuddling with her lover as they engrossed themselves in the romance book from Braavos.

Beaches of Driftmark Island

115 AC

Teresa muffled a smile when she saw the two ladies from the Reach. The Arryn scion had nothing against women loving women and men loving men—Lady Jeyne, her sister, loved women.

And she knew that Josephine was in love with Sadie Tarth—who preferred women over men.

Teresa herself had recently discovered that she loved both women and men. She knew Mason, her betrothed, felt the same.

She knew the Faith decreed women loving women and men loving men a sin, she never understood.

Love was love. 

How could it be a sin?

Laura and Melissa's chambers, High Tide

115 AC

Lady Laura Royce knew the reason she had been picked as a Lady in Waiting was to appease House Royce when Viserys annulled Daemon's marriage to her much older half sister, Rhea Royce, Lady of Runestone.

So Laura had been selected out of dozens of maidens in the Vale of Arryn to become Princess Jaehaera's Lady in Waiting after the birth of the Dragon Twins, Aemon and Aemma.

She had been nervous when she arrived—but luckily for her, her third cousin Melissa Strong was there to teach her the ropes and the rest of the Ladies in Waiting had become sisters to her.

A family not of blood, but found.

Dragon's area, Driftmark Island

115 AC

At Driftmark, at a section where the beaches met the woods, only Rhaenys, Laenor, Rhaenyra, Laenyx, Jaehaera, and Laena were allowed here. 

Everyone else was forbidden—and for a good reason.

Meleys, Vermithor, Syrax, Silverwing, Vhagar, and Seasmoke lived in this area.

"We shouldn't be here." Roxanne whispered.

"But I want to see them up close!" Isabelle hissed.

Suddenly, Meleys eyes snapped open. She stirred, eyes on them and both ladies staggered back.

"Meleys! No!" a voice barked and Rhaenys rode over on a horse. The Red Queen growled but went back to her nap.

"You know the rules." the black haired Targaryen hissed. "Leave, and I won't tell Jaehaera!"

Roxanne and Isabelle swiftly fled.

Victoria, who also desired to see the dragons and had gotten Rhaenys permission, was allowed to pet the Red Queen.

"They are beautiful." the Stark maiden said.

Meleys puffed up at the compliment and the Queen Who Never Was gave a ghost of a smile.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.