Shiki

Shiki Grandbell doesnt think a lot but when he does, it usually takes a long thought process to go over it. When Witch Regret died saving this crew, Shiki couldnt help but cried for a long time knowing that he wont get to see her ever again.

Life wasnt fair and it was a fact of life that he must accept through he hated the concept of it.

Now finding out that she has a daughter, Shiki decided that to honor the late shinning star is to raise her daughter the way she wanted. Rebecca join her boyfriend and decided to be the little girl's step mother also another way to honor Witch.

Witch Regret was a part of the crew always, just like the other late shinning star Valkyrie whom Homura was taking her place in her honor. For everything she has done for her in the past and by extension in the present.

Shiki didnt know how to parent someone else's child but with Rebecca's help, he managed to be a father towards Yui and actually liking his role as a step father. He knew that Yui will live her life to the fullest, making Witch's wishes come true.

No child should suffer due to the death of their parents, especially not when they have a crew to raise the child with care, support, and love.

Shiki knew Yui would miss her mother, but also knew that Yui would eventually come to terms with it and move forward with her life.

Thats how Witch would have wanted it anyways.