💀Counseling: Part 61💀

3rd POV
"Oh, I was worried what will happen to me if I get surrounded by the Phantoms.... Thank you, Subject B and D!" The Staff says with a bow.

"Ahh enough with the Subject X or Z or whatever it is, just hurry up and leave. We will be going to the next layer."

"No... That's dangerous! We should escape together!" The Staff stutters out.

"You're telling me to run with you just because you're scared? Stop kidding me, look at our difference in ability." Leona says to the Staff. "You better run faraway so you won't get involved in the battle."

"... You're right. Giving advice to excellent wizards like you is like teaching a mermaid how to swim. I'm sorry." The Staff says to them. "The more dangerous Phantoms are being kept at the deeper layer, I'll pray for your safety."

"Hmph, the result will still be the same after you pray. You should worry about yourself if you have that much free time." Leona says with a smirk. The Staff nods before running off to get out of Tartaros. "It's getting more difficult to defeat the Phantoms now."

"...."

"What's wrong? You've been so quiet. Are you upset?" Leona chuckles softly.

"That's not..." Jamil says with a forced smile.

"Ah~Ah, don't force yourself. It must be shocking to you, because everything I said was the truth after all." Leona hums out. Jamil's smile falls into a scowl. "How pitiful, I feel sympathy for you."

"... What do you... WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ME!?" Jamil shouts at Leona. "How I was spending my life until now!! And how much pain I've been through!! YOU NEVER KNOW! NO ONE DOES! YOU ARE DIFFERENT FROM ME!!"

"Just because no one understands you, so you keep making excuses for yourself by whining and sulking like that?" Leona huffs out. "I know a little about you. I bet you will say no one recognized you because of Kalim, right? I bet only the Resident Owl Lady recognized you, and she's very cautious around everyone so she keeps an observant eye on everyone."

"... I'm the Vice Dorm Leader, and Kalim is the Dorm Leader. The results is very obvious." Jamil huffs out.

"Yeah, it might seem like that now. He's bad at both magic and academy, you are definitely better than him. But he has the ability to attract people, which is something you didn't have." Leona says to Jamil.

"Attract? Ha!" Jamil laughs. "Isn't it just him being kind? And with that, he will surely be used and taken advantage of."

"I'm not even talking about his personality. Listen, the best way to attract people is... Money." Leona says to Jamil.

"MONEY!?" Jamil was flabbergasted. "I-Indeed... I do agree that Asim's Family has the biggest wealth and power."

"Money is a strong power that's more definite and it has less uncertainty than magic. And regarding that, I'm sure you understand it better than me." Leona hums out.

"That's..."

"And now, Kalim ks learning how to manage this strong power, isn't it?" Leona mumbles out.

"Manage..." Jamil mutters softly as he looks back at the events before being taken to the Land of Grief.

"Y/n, the owls, and the ghosts have taken care of us during the training camp. And most of all, I had so much fun living in this house! That's why I wanted to fix the Dorm as a way to express my gratitude! It's my money after all, I can spend it on anything I want."

"... Roi d'or, you truly have a rich heart."

"Someone who act without thinking is stupid, but someone who only thinks about the consequences is more stupid." Leona says to Jamil. "As for someone like Kalim who always acts on his instinct, you know what kind of person he will become in the future, it's both a good thing and a bad thing. There's nothing more miserable than making excuses when you miss your enemy after making a perfect plan. Haha!"

"I..."

"GRAAAA!!!"

"! Hey, let's stop with the counselling for now! Get ready!" Leona says as Jamil nods. They soon engage in battle with the Phantom.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Watching the Phantom melt away, they both breath easily. Leona then turns to Jamil.

"Jamil, you were standing at the right position now." Leona says to Jamil. "Feel free to shiver behind me, it suits you the most."

"Am I... A burden to you?" Jamil asks. "I'd so, then I'll leave. It's better than becoming a burden for someone."

"Why would it be like that... How can you be so extreme? Is it because you live in a small world?" Leona sighs out. "Use your brain mode. Acknowledge your true ability, and think about his to use it. Listen. For example, Ruggie who is in the same second year as you, his magic is simple and nothing special. But he is aware of it. That's why he flatters me and uses me. Even if it's shameful, it's not a bad thing. Ruggie's messy life is his strength. So does Jack. He's a little pretentious sometimes, but he knows he isn't suitable to be the boss. That's why he will listen to my order when needed. Don't you think he's honest and cute? ... Then? What about you?"

"..."

"Can you do everything by yourself? You sure have a lot of confidence, did you even make that much effort?" Leona asks Jamil. "Let me tell you first, I don't accept your excuses of, 'I still haven't use all my power' anymore. Didn't you choose this path yourself? So how long are you going to keep making excuses? Even if you want to whine or give up, do it after you've struggled for once."

"... You talk like you have experienced it before." Jamil says to Leona.

"Hmph...." Leona huffs. "Let's just say, those slaps from Y/n made me think."

'All this time, I couldn't forgive Kalim for being at a higher place than me. Looking those who are being recognized for showing their abilities. I always thought it's useless even if I tried my best... It's useless to make more effort than before, no one would ever recognized me anyway.... That's what I always thought so.' Jamil thought to himself. 'I.....'

"Ha, I can see you're thinking about it now. Well, take your time." Leona chuckles out. "... Because you are different from me. We've reached the next Asylum. According to the map, this will be the last one. The more powerful Phantoms are being kept inside, be sure to change your feelings."

"Yes." Jamil nods as they enter the last Asylum.

"Ah? It's so dark that I can't see anything." Leona mutters out.

"What happened? I'll turn the light on. Ha!" Jamil cast a light spell as the Asylum lights up. They were met with a horrific sight. "Huh... What is this!?"

"The cages have shattered into pieces. And it's not only one or two of them." Leona mutters out.

"Did Ortho do this? But why.... No, wait." Jamil says. "... There's frost on the fragments of the cage."

"Ice... So this is done by the Titan just now." Leona mutters out. "I was quits disappointed when I thought it had been defeated with that one hit... But it's getting interesting now."

"I wonder if this is caused by the impact when it falls to the ground, or if it's just destroyed everything because it's mad... The surrounding here is a mess." Jamil mumbles out. "And there's still ice on the exit door that has been forced open. What should we do? Leaving the Asylum now is also one of the ways we have..."

"... The Phantoms that have left the cages are frightened by the presence of the Titan now, but they will start moving again soon." Leona says to Jamil. "'Tartaros' is a one way path. If we get attacked on both sides by the Titan and the Phantoms... I didn't even want to imagine that."

To Be Continued~