The Specialist with a Damaged Ego.

There was a knock at the door, and Marlene made no move to answer it. One second passed. Two. Then three. Someone knocked again.

"Marls, will you please get that?" Stella called from the open bathroom door, Marlene lowered her book and glanced at her friend who was applying some mascara. "It's probably Sky," Stella added, Marlene rolled off the bed, folding the page of her book.

"Oh, I have no doubt it's Sky." She told Stella, leaning against the doorframe of the bathroom.

"So why don't you answer it for me, pretty please." Stella pleaded.

"Because, my sweet Stella, if I don't open that door then you guys can't fuck in here and I don't have to vacate the suite," Marlene explained and Stella spun to face her.

"Marlene!"

"Fine- Okay- Nope- Yeah, I'll get it," Marlene said all at once, sensing she had hit a nerve. On her way to the door, Sky knocked again. "Did I forget to mention your boyfriend had the patience of a small child?" She mumbled to herself and swung the door open to be greeted with a smile from Sky.

"A small child eh? Come on Marlene, you can insult people better than that." Sky said and he entered the suit, shaking his head with a slight laugh.

"Yeah well- I- Yeah I have no response for that..." Marlene mumbled.

"Someone's grumpy." Sky commented, sitting on Stella's bed opposite Marlene. There was a door between their beds and Aisha's and Blooms, Musa's, and Terra's.

"No, that's just her natural charm," Stella said, coming out of the bathroom, her makeup perfect.

There was a party tonight in the courtyard, the rest of their suitemates had already left, Sky had come to pick up Stella and Marlene had a date with her book and hot cup of chamomile tea.

"Hey- I take pride in my natural charm, you know." Marlene smiled, "It's not something you can teach." She shrugged

"Oh we know," Stella smiled at Sky and gave him a peck on the lips, Marlene made a small gagging noise and Sky laughed.

"Do you plan on staying here all evening?" He said as Marlene sat back on her bed and picked up her book.

"I may get up in 10 minutes for another cup of tea but that is all the moving I plan on doing until tomorrow morning." She lied, "You two have fun at the party though."

"One-day Marls, you'll go to one of these things and find out they can be quite a lot of fun." Sky told her as they began to move for the door.

"You're probably right but for tonight my plans remain unaltered. Bye Stell, see you Sky." She said as they left, shutting the door behind them.

As soon as the door shut, Marlene stood and changed into some dark trousers and a dark green jumper. She opened her door and trailed down the corridors until she reached the courtyard, the music pulsed loudly and in the center was a mass cluster of teens dancing to the music.

She will admit, it was compelling and she didn't doubt Sky was right about them being fun but she had to do something else. Something more important.

She slipped past the courtyard but not as quietly as she thought because a pair of hazel eyes trailed across her back and watched as she slipped from view, towards the specialist training area.

He kicked off from the wall he had been leaning on and trailed a fair distance behind the girl he couldn't quite recognize.

Marlene reached the training platform and began to force herself through a pattern of movements which helped her get quicker- helped her become more nimble. A better fighter.

She glided through the movements as if it were nothing. Her powers shifted the air around her so she moved smoother, faster, the months of training she had worked through prior were evident in her movement toward the boy who remained in the shadows. His hood remained up and he pressed a freshly rolled cig to his lips, taking a drag as he watched.

When he was finished- she remained to twist and turn in ways he didn't know fairies knew how. In his head, they used their powers and that was all they needed to defend themselves, so why learn to fight? He was certain she was a fairy because Alfea college was a rather large campus and if she were a specialist he would have noticed her before in training.

He took a step forward, moving to step out of the shadows, and stood on a stick which made a hash crack noise. He glanced down at his foot, then back up at the training girl but she was gone. He roamed further out, looking around, his senses slightly dimmed at the edges from the weed.

Then suddenly he felt a sharp pain in the back of his left leg and he collapsed to his knees, he let out a dull groan as he fell, more from surprise than pain. When he raised his head, she was standing in front of him, looking down, an evident smirk plastered on her face.

"You look pretty good like this, you a sub baby?" She smirked and he huffed, pushing himself to his feet.

"Fuck no! What the fuck is your problem?" He spat, pointing a finger at her chest. Now standing up straight, she had to look up at him a little to look him in the eye.

"Nothing baby, what's the matter with you?" She cooed, something flaring in his eyes, irritation? Anger? She didn't know, or care, "Thought you were supposed to be a specialist." She chuckled, and he scoffed, slinging his hands in his jacket pockets.

"I am a specialist- what of it?" he snapped, looking down at her wide eyes whereas he was a little bloodshot and he felt as if he could sleep until Thursday.

"You were just pretty easy to take down is all no big deal." She smirked and turned to walk away. He thought of grabbing her shoulder and pinning her to the floor to show her he was good at what he does and she didn't know what she was talking about.

But left speechless and alone, he smirked. It had been a long time since he had been left speechless, but he also realized that he had the disadvantage of being high, it made him slower and easier to beat. He would just be handing her a win if he challenged her again. But by the time this had all gone through his head, she was gone.

Then Riven realized he never got her name. 

-----------------------------

They met!!!!!!! Writing them flirting was so fun like you have no idea- pls vote and comment with any questions, thanks for reading!!!!

S P A R K Y • rivenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara