I Can See It.

His lips turned upwards in amusement.

"When are you going to tell me about your scar? I want to hear all your little stories." He whispered, leaning in as if to kiss it but Marlene took a step back. Riven had felt her go rigid, and he straightened himself. When he looked back up at her face, something in her eyes had changed, something was gone.

"No Riven." She breathed, her voice shaky, and took another step back. Creating a good arms-length gap between them, but to Riven it felt like miles, he needed her closer. "Please don't ask." She said and moved to turn away but he touched her arm.

"I can see it Marlene- I'm not blind you know." He said, his voice firm and lined with irritation, where had her sudden hostility come from, he just wanted answers. "I just want to understand." His voice became a little softer, but Marlene's didn't follow.

"I am under no obligation to make sense to you Riven," she had tears in her eyes, her breath heavier, "you don't know shit."

"Then please, enlighten me! Tell me about the great Marlene who refuses to open up to anyone. Especially to people who only want to help... We all have secrets, Marlene!" He half yelled, and she shook her head.

"If I told you all my secrets Riven, you'd never look at me the same way." Her voice was so unnervingly calm that he didn't know what to say. He turned and walked away, leaving her in the training area, in the night.

Suddenly, Marlene cared even less than she had that morning about how Riven felt towards her. And yet deep down, she couldn't help but feel she had made a mistake.

"Fine." She whispered and wiped her tears away, not knowing how long they had been there.

------------------------

nnnnnnoooooooooooooooo!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!