The Wounded, The Found.

Marlene was breathless when she reached the courtyard, slightly breathless and she scanned for him- she had to find him. But came up empty handed, she couldn't see Riven anywhere.

She spotted Dane on the picnic bench and jogged over.

"Hey- Dane, have you seen Riven?" She asked and he paused rolling a cigarette and looked up at her.

"Err, not today, sorry." He said and looked back down.

"Do you know where he might be?" She asked again.

"He normally hangs out in the woods by the barrier, but I'm not sure. Could be wrong." He shrugged and it was a long shot but Marlene had to give it a try. She thought back to when he had found her reading in the woods, perhaps he hadn't followed her but she had invaded his hangout spot instead. It didn't matter, she headed in that direction.

The sun had begun to set as she reached the trees, the warm glow sinking further down. Marlene didn't think she could find him in the dark but she had to find Riven, apologize and just- just be with him. And if he didn't want that- then she would respect his wishes and move on but he had to know how sorry she was. He had to know- he had to.

She stumbled through the woods, heading to where she had fallen asleep on his shoulder and was thinking about what she was going to say when she did find him when she heard a sharp sudden yell.

"Help!" The voice cracked through the wood, breaking its silence and Marlene knew that voice anywhere. She bolted towards the sound and didn't stop, her heart hammering in her chest.

"Riven!" She screamed, yelling out into the almost dark. "Riven!"

She broke out into a small clearing and saw him- she saw him lying on the floor, motionless, lifeless.

"No." She breathed and heard a low rasp of a growl but before the creature could move before it could react to her presence before it could kill the boy it had fatally wounded. Marlene lifted her hand, her eyes a burning white, and the Burned one was struck with a bolt of lightning so strong, so fierce it crumbled to its knees.

The wind howled around them, swaying the trees around the three, Marlene's hair twisted and turned as she ran across to Riven.

It let out a deafening screech and reached out for the two teens, Marlene having reached Riven, and she sucked out the air from its lungs. Suffocating it to death until it couldn't breathe or move or even think.

It was dead.

Marlene fell to her knees and felt the warm tears falling down her cold face. She pressed her hands to Riven's bloody side and he groaned, she whimpered.

"It's okay Riv, you're going to be okay." She told him, her voice cracking.

Riven opened his eyes, though all his face was drained of its colour, he smiled.

"Hey, Sparky." He croaked, but let out a loud groan as she pressed the would harder to prevent him from bleeding out. "Fuck!"

"Hey- hey- I'm sorry Riven." She whispered and he lifted his hand to cup hr cheek, leaving smudges of blood.

"Y-you're beautiful you know that." He told her and she sobbed, looking out and around the woods around her, for something, anyone.

Marlene felt the breeze life Riven off of the ground and he was floating in mid-air.

"Hold on." She breathed heavily and Riven's eyes flickered shut.

She ran.