Not A Chance.

Riven's eyes opened and the room was dark, that was the first thing he noticed. He was staring up the ceiling and when he tried to move his side screamed.

"Easy there Sleeping Beauty." He heard a voice say and tilted his head to the side.

She looked awful, that's what he noticed next. Her eyes carried small bags and her face looked almost hollow. She wore a thick scab high on her cheekbone and she gave him a small smile and all the other things faded away as her smile lit up her face.

"Hey." He whispered and she smiled even wider, tears burning in her eyes. "Hey- hey what's wrong?" He asked and he tried to reach for her hand but he felt his side echo with pain again.

"I'm so sorry."

"I should be the one apologizing Sparky. Come here." He opened his covers and she slid in next to him, he wrapped his arms around her and she sunk into his chest.

"I'm sorry for freaking out and- and breaking your window. I'm sorry for how i reacted, you respected my space and I just- I'm sorry. And I'm sorry you were attacked by a Burned one- if I hadn't blown up then maybe you wouldn't have been out there and it-" She exploded and he stroked her head lovingly.

"Marlene-" She stopped talking at the sound of his voice, "Listen to me, it wasn't your fault. I'm sorry about the article, I should never ever have taken it and it wasn't your fault. Never think it was your fault. I'm sorry." He whispered, "I'm guessing you're the one who found me." He said and she nodded into his chest. "Did you kill it?" He asked, pressing a kiss to her forehead which made her feel butterflies.

She nodded again and Riven pressed his face into her hair.

"That's my girl." He whispered, "Is that where you go this from?" He asked, very gently caressing her cheek where the scab was.

"No- I err-," She half laughed, "After I brought you back with my magic, I was so drained I fell and according to Musa it was a full on face plant."

Riven let out a low chuckled but instantly regretted it, a groan replaced his laughter.

"Shhh- hey- you need to sleep." She said and pulled away from him but he placed his hand on her arm soflty.

"Stay, come on. Sleep with me?" He asked and she sunk back down beneath the covers and the two became entwined.

"I cherish you like nothing else, Sparky."

"I love you Riven, my saviour."

When Stella, Sky followed Harvey into the room to check on Riven's wounds, all three quickly left again when they saw the two of them entwined and asleep.

Happy, together and in love.

------------------------------

<3<3<3<3