Blood Will Have Blood.

"You're off your nut Riv. No. Thinking about it, I barely know anything about you... Only that you're a specialist with an ego problem."

"That pretty much sums me up I'm afraid Marls but I just beat you- so in theory, I can help you get better." Was his reasoning and Riven also found the way she moved fascinating, but he kept that part to himself.

"I just- you could be a cereal killer." Marlene blurted, which made him laugh, though he seemed to contemplate it.

"How many murders before you become a cereal killer?" He said and she paused.

"5."

"Oh- no, we're good." He nodded softly and she stifled a laugh.

"I don't know, I-" She tried to explain but her phone went off, she took it out of her pocket and glanced at the slightly cracked screen, it was from Bloom:

Emergency.

Burned one.

Stone circle.

Marlene swore colourfully and Riven hummed.

"Well- that's new." She pocketed her phone, "Never had anyone say that to me before, kind of a turn-on." He smirked then looked at her face. Her expressions had gone slack, her eyes scanning the screen over and over.

"What is it? What's wrong?" He asked, taking a small step closer to her, to see the screen but Marlene slipped it back into her pocket before he could see what had caused her such distress.

"Riven, I- I'm sorry I have to... I have to go, err- I'll think about the offer, catch up with you later." She said and before he could respond she began to run towards the stone circle.

All Riven could think about was how he missed the smell of Lavender. He began to walk back to the party, maybe he could still find Beatrix and Dane... He needed a distraction.

Marlene headed straight for the woods, running as fast as she could... just like- like that night. But this time she was running to the danger instead of away because she was done with being afraid. If it meant saving her friends, if it meant helping in any way possible, she would relive that night.

She reached the peak of the wood and saw Sky and Bloom down the bottom of the small bank on which she was standing. That's when she heard it- the low raspy growl and she saw it. It was right there.

"Sky!" Marlene screamed and the creature jumped for her two friends. Marlene was frozen only for a second before darting down the hill towards Bloom who lay sprawled on the forest floor, Sky held his sword high as he tried to fend off the creature. "Bloom!" Marlene yelled as she reached her.

The Burned one knocked Sky back and moved to tower over Bloom, its razor claws raised. Marlene had to reach her, she had to.

"Close your eyes." Stella's voice broke over the low, threatening growl of the creature, and a bright burst of light illuminated the forest floor. Marlene covered her eyes and the creature let out a howling shriek. It stumbled back from Bloom and Sky and straightened up, regaining its balance in front of Marlene.

Her breaths were ragged, her gaze cold and deadly. She was ready- ready to kill it. To make it suffer. But deep down, deep enough that she felt it coursing through her mind again and again...

Marlene was terrified. Musa was looking at her with an intense stare, she could feel every inch of it and it was shooting out of the girl like a beacon. But Musa sensed something else... Bravery.

The creature lunged for Sky- but Marlene got there first, she cut through the air to reach him and shoved him out the way. The creature collided with her and its talons sank into her flesh. Marlene screamed. She crumbled to the floor like a puppet with her strings cut. The wind began to howl, yelling at her to get up- to fight but her blood felt like razors scraping through her body. Like acid eating away at her skin.

She couldn't move.

------------------------

Oh shit- this ain't good. Pls vote and comment :)