Help?

"Hey, Aisha." Marlene greeted her friend as she glanced over to Dowling's office door. Marlene knew Aisha had taken up Callum's job to find out more information for Bloom. Marlene had been called to meet the headmistress. It had been about a week since she had killed the Burned one so she didn't know why Dowling wanted to talk to her now.

It was 7 p.m. and she was leaving dinner when she had gotten a text from Aisha saying Dowling wanted to see her. All Marlene had wanted to do was to trudge back up to the suite and sleep till Thursday, she could feel the tiredness making her bones heavier but she pulled herself up the stairs to Dowling's office.

"Hey Marlene, how's your side?" Aisha said, looking up from her desk.

"Could be worse." She said as she lifted the side of her t-shirt, showing three pink lines engraved on her skin, "Did Dowling want to see me?" Marlene asked, lowering the fabric.

"Yeah, go right in," Aisha told her and pointed to the door, she could probably guess what this was about too.

"Thanks, Aisha." 

She knocked and heard a faint 'come in' and pushed open the door. Dowling sat at her desk and beckoned the girl in.

"Come in Marlene." She instructed and Marlene shut the door behind her and sat in the chair in front of the desk.

"You wished to see me?"

"Yes, this is about the incident a few nights ago," Dowling told her, putting her pen down and threading her fingers together in front of her. "I've heard what happened and I wanted to give you time to recover before I asked for your account of the evening."  She told her and Marlene nodded.

"May I ask you what happened?" Dowling asked and she nodded.

"I was at a-" party "social gathering and I" spared with Riven, drunk because he saved me from being groped. "I left early because I wasn't feeling well when I got a message." Dowling nodded along to her words. "It was from Bloom, saying there was a Burned one. I ran to go find them, her."

"You ran towards the Burned one?" Dowling asked her, lowering her head forward, tilting it down.

"Well, I- Bloom needed me- needed us." She said her heartbeat in her ears. "When I got there I saw Sky and Bloom at the bottom of the bank and I spotted the Burned one about to jump out at them so I screamed her name." Marlene continued and she could see it all so clearly up until this point.

"And I- I" She stuttered, her hands shaking. Dowling noticed and bit her lip.

"Take your time."

"The next part happened so fast. Bloom was on the floor having been knocked over and Sky was fighting it. Then Stella, Terra, Aisha, and Musa were all there. Stella blinded it for a moment and it stumbled away from Sky, I think Stella probably saved his life." She cleared her throat. "But it ran for him again but- but I got there first."

"And you got in the way?" Dowling wondered out loud, her curiosity clear in her voice.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Why not? They're my friends, I don't know what I would have done with myself if they got hurt and I could have done something to prevent it." Marlene said all at once, slightly raising her voice.

"I understand... then what happened?"

"I- I collapsed but the creature just- it kept going and I remember reaching out, using my powers but I don't remember much after that. My eyes were open, I could see, I remember still thinking, I was making decisions but I don't know what happened." Marlene sighed.

"Interesting."

"Do you know what happened, Mrs. Dowling?" Marlene asked her headmistress.

"According to your friends you reached out and electrocuted the creature and the breeze picked you up off the floor. You began to float Marlene and created some sort of tornado around yourself and the burned one. You held it still and electrocuted its core. You incinerated it." Dowling told her and Marlene stared at her, her expression blank. "Once the creature was dead the wind lowered you gently back down where your friends brought you back. You were then treated by professor Harvey."

"I remember saying Professor Harvey's name but-"

"Nothing between being injured and that?" Dowling cut her off whilst finishing her sentence, Marlene nodded.

"Marlene, I do believe you are a very very powerful fairy if you would like. I could give you some extra guidance after classes, outside of your timetable. It's just we've never seen an individual with that kind of raw strength. You were fatally injured and yet you unconsciously killed a burned one." Dowling paused, "I should like to help you find out more about this hidden strength within you so I might help you have some more control over it."

"Yes- thank you." Marlene told her, shifting in her chair, "I would like that. Miss Dowling- I've never done anything like this before... should I be concerned?"

"No- I don't believe you should worry all that much. With the proper guidance, I'm sure we can find answers."

Marlene nodded and stood from the chair and left the office space shutting the door behind her. Dowling slumped back in her chair gently.

Dowling was a very knowledgeable woman but she was certain that this had never happened before. She didn't know why either and that scared her.

---------------------------

I think Marlene has something very powerful inside her, can she control it? pls vote ad comment. Thank you for reading xx