Excuses, Excuses.

Marlene opened the suite door as quietly as she could. It was just past 11 o'clock on a Saturday morning and she was certain all her friends would still be asleep, except for Aisha but she should be at the pond by now having her morning swim.

Riven had woken her this morning, already in his Specialist gear, and told her he promised he would meet up with Dane this morning to help him with some extra training because 'Dane keeps getting his arse handed to him'. Were Riven's words, even though it was raining outside. She had smiled up at him and he told her they were to train together on Monday night and agreed to meet each other outside the Specialist hall at 11.

Sky had come back to his room and he saw Marlene, with wet hair having had a shower in his and Riven's bathroom and her in Riven's clothes and simply smiled at her.

"No no no no no." She pointed her finger at him and left, not bothering to explain to him that she and Riven hadn't had sex because she knew he wouldn't believe her. Marlene would leave it up to Riven to explain to Sky the contents of last night.

When Marlene shut the door to the suite, she turned to look up at the room but all her friends were already up, clothed, and sitting in the shared space. Terra was pacing behind the sofa and Musa was sitting with her legs crossed, Bloom had her head in her hands, Stella looked worried and Aisha was biting her nail. All their eyes snapped to the door when they saw it open and it seemed most let out a sigh when they saw Marlene.

"Oh my god, where have you been?" Terra asked, stretching out her arms and hugging Marlene.

"Err- what?" Marlene was a little confused.

"You've been out all night- and whose clothes are those? They're huge." Aisha observed and Marlene looked down at herself, she was still in Riven's clothes, she had promised to wash them and give them back. But Riven had told her to keep them since they were too small on him anyway- which she knew was a lie. Marlene felt a sudden warmness swell in her chest.

"Holy shit- you had a booty call!" Musa said, standing, her smile wide.

"I did not have a booty call!" Marlene chuckled, walking further into the room.

"Then why are you feeling so bashful?" Musa asked her and Marlene shrugged.

"So- who is this mystery man?" Bloom asked, following Marlene into her room and they all trailed behind them.

"Okay so-" Marlene chuckled, not sure where to start, "It was not a booty call, I assure you there was no sex involved," Marlene told them and Stella put her hand over her mouth in surprise, a small gasp escaping her lips.

"Oh god, you didn't come home last night because Sky and I were in our room," Stella told them and Marlene nodded.

"So I went and stayed with a friend, but I assure you there was no sex involved."

"Sure, sure- but you do like him... I can feel it." Musa told her and the girls laughed.

"Come onnn, who is he?" Terra asked, sitting on Marlene's bed and she threw a pillow at Musa.

"I assure you- I don't like him like that. No no no no no." She laughed and shivered in fake disgust.

"Sure- you went to his room and slept there, came back in his clothes, forgive us for getting the impression that Marlene got laid." Aisha laughed and Marlene felt her cheeks grow hot again.

"It was Riven."

"What?!" Her friends chorused.

"Exactly, nothing happened. Sky was here, so I knew no one was going to be at his but I didn't know Riven was Sky's roommate so I panicked but I didn't know where else to go and I was so tired that I just accepted the clothes he gave me and I-" She blurted all at once.

"Woah- Marlene- slow down," Stella told her and Marlene took a deep breath.

"You slept in different beds right?" Terra suddenly asked and Marlene bit her lip and shook her head.

"Oh, My God." Stella laughed and Marlene launched into a full explanation of the night. All the girls listened intently and Marlene flopped into the bed when she was finished, pressing her head into her pillow.

"Well- not a booty call but..." Terra thought out loud, a smile playing on her lips.

"Here you go- you, my friend have had quite a night." Musa hummed, handing her friend a hot cup of tea.

"Well since it's Saturday I have a proposal," Aisha said, rummaging for something on her shelf.

"What is it?" Bloom asked, leaning back over the sofa to see.

Aisha came back into view holding a full box set of Harry Potter.

"I'm in," Stella said.

"Me too." Terra chimed in.

"I'll make popcorn." Bloom offered.

"I've never watched it," Musa said and the rest of the girls looked at her, eyes wide.

"This is going to be good." Marlene chuckled and the girls settled in for a cozy movie day with blankets, snacks, candles, and hours of films whilst the downpour hit the window hard. It was finally nice for all the girls to unwind and finally relax together.

---------------------------------

sounds like the perfect evening, I need to re-binge harry potter soon. So glad they're getting some girly time <3