Stubborn as Always.

Riven looked at his clock- 2: 14 it read and he hadn't slept a wink. He had read for a little while after Marlene had gone to bed, making sure to keep the light down so she could rest. He considered insisting he needed the large main light to read just to keep her awake so she would talk to him. Even if it was to tell him he was an arse. But he decided to let her sleep, she had looked shattered when he had seen her when he came out of the bathroom.

Riven looked over at Sky's bed, she looked tiny in it, lost under the covers. Her chest rose and fell under to cover slowly, letting him know she was fast asleep. She was a silent sleeper, like Riven. Who was used to Sky's constant small hum of snoring. It was nice to finally have some quiet. He listened closely and was met with the soft sound of shivering, he sat up and looked over at Sky's bed a little closer.

Marlene was shivering, she shifted, rolling over and pulling the covers closer to her chin. Riven saw her eyes flicker open, then shut again.

"Hey-" he whistles as if she were an animal to get her attention, "Sparky." He half whispered, he didn't know why. They were the only ones there and they were both awake but he decided it would annoy her more, so that is what he chose.

"What Riven?" She asked, her voice thick with sleep and low, letting him know she was annoyed.

"Stop your chattering." He told her and he heard her sigh.

"I can't help it, Idiot, the Specialist hall is so much colder than the Fairy hall." She told him, her voice also in a whisper matching his.

"Perks of living with dozens of fire fairies, the building has heaters built in." He joked but she didn't respond, Marlene only closed her eyes again but continued to shiver.

"Marls." He called out to her, "Christ just come here would you." He told her and she opened her eyes, pulling Sky's covers down to look at him, "I'm plenty warm enough, just come here."

"I'm not going to sleep with you Riven." She told him, she no longer sounded sleepy to him.

"Nothing sexual- don't worry Sparky. I just don't want to be the one who gets the blame when you freeze to death." She could hear the smirk in his voice and rolled her eyes.

But her teeth continued to chatter.

"You fairies are so stubborn." Riven huffed as he pulled back his cover and walked barefoot to Sky's bed and pulled back the covers on the other side, slipping into the bed. There was no body heat- none. She looked at him with wide eyes

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked him, shuffling back a little.

"If you're uncomfortable, I'll get out. If you get too hot, I'll get out. If you don't want me in here, I'll get out. In the meantime, can I please keep you warm?" He asked, his voice smoother than it had been before, like he was trying to soothe her, trying to convince her- as if he truly, really did want to help.

-----------------------

aww, he wants to help her <3