Who's On Top?

Riven opened his eyes and closed them. Then opened them again.

He had his arms wrapped around her waist, his chest pressing into her back and their legs were entwined, as were their fingers.

Marlene rolled over, her eyes wide and awake, looking at him like she wanted nothing more than to be closer... if that was possible.

"Morning." She whispered, Riven leaned down and kissed her forehead and she hummed in approval.

"It can't be morning." He replied, pulling her closer.

"Why not?" She asked, letting him.

"If it is, then we have to get up and I can't name something I would rather hate." She smiled into his chest and pulled away, he groaned in protest, stretching out to grab her but she was already out.

"I was right you know." She told him, standing outside the bed, looking down at him. Riven had the covers down to his waist, exposing his bare stomach and chest. He crossed his arms behind his head and smirked at her.

"And what is that Sparky?"

"You really are a sub baby." She giggled and Riven swung back the covers and she bolted to get away from him but wasn't quite fast enough. Riven snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her off the floor. She laughed until her ribs hurt, placing her hands to where his arm kept her hauled off the floor.

"Riv! Riven!" She laughed. Sky had already left whilst the two were still asleep this morning, leaving them in peace. Riven threw her back onto the bed.

"Is that so?" He asked, placing his hands by either side of her head so she was caged beneath him. "But look who's on top now Sparky. Seems to me you're all talk." He smirked and leaned down to kiss her but Marlene jabbed his elbow, cutting off his support, Riven fell onto the bed and she rolled to her left. Successfully out from under him, Marlene straddled his midsection and leaned down.

"What were you saying Riven?" And he rolled his eyes, she leaned down to kiss him and felt his hands snake down to her waist then to her hips, then lower. "Unfortunately, we do still have class." She said and got off of him, straightening herself up. She glanced over to his desk which had a few papers sprawled over the top.

His laptop was open and some papers showed the essence of them being homework but one piece really caught her eyes. One article she had seen before. One she could recite in her sleep because of how much she had read it.

One she hoped never to read again.

The article about the accident.

--------------

ffs