𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 | 04

{𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 04: 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭}

"It was really fun to hang out with you, all." Arm said, smilingly. "I hope we can do it more often." He added.

"Of course. That is never a problem. After all we are all working together." Mek replied, reassuringly. "Well, were going now. See you at Monday?" Vee said.

"See you." Porsche replied, shortly. Soon, they all bid their goodbyes, telling them they should be get goung. Arm, Kim and Porsche send them off, safely while Kongpob was just watching them, afar from his office.

To be honest, he doesn't even know if the older man wanted him to send him off. Arthit even avoided him, eversince the contract signing, until they go back. They didn't even talked to each other, unless it was necessary.

Maybe, what happened to them was, from strangers to friends then, from friends to lovers, and lastly from lovers to strangers again. How ironic, isn't?

But, what ever it is, it was now all in the past. And, what happened between them from the past, could only stay in the past, and is been long forgotten. So, what is the point of reminiscing the past?

_____

"Papa!" Amaris shouted, running towards Arthit who welcomed his arrival with open arms. While hugging his papa, he asked, "Papa, why did you took so long? I've been waiting for you to pick me up."

Arthit broke the hug and faced him, he gently caressed his hair, softly, saying; "Amaris, Papa is sorry that i didn't pick you up in time because papa is busy working." Arthit smiled, gently and said, "You understand papa, right?"

Amaris nodded, slowly. "Good boy. Let's go now?" He asked and Amaris again nodded his head. "Let's go."

He then handed his bag to his papa and walked together, towards to the car. "How was school today?"

"It was good, papa. Did you know, my teacher told me that i am smart!" He said, proudly to his papa. "Oh i bet you are."

"Really papa, you think so too?" He asked curiously, before getting into the car. "Of course." Arthur responded and, put his bag to the backseat next to Amaris' seat. He then helped Amaris to hop in the car, and made sure that he is secured with the seatbelt, fastened to his small body.

"Let's go home now." Arthit said, putting the breaker down, and started the car.

_____

It was already a night time and Arthit just finished cooking their dinner. After he poured the dish into a bowl, he then grabbed it and placed it to the table. He then gone back to the kitchen to get a plate of rice, and also to get a plate, spoon and fork. And after he put them all down, he again went back to the kitchen to get the two pieces of glass and a pitcher filled with water.

"Amaris, dinner's ready!" Arthit called out after he finished arranging everything. "Come, i made your favorite."

"Sweet and sour fish!" Amaris exclaimed, excitedly as soon as he saw the dish. "Eat up!"

Amaris sat to his seat and hurriedly poured a portion of the dish into his plate. "Slow down, slow down. No one is going to steal it from you." Arthit said, as he chuckled upon seeing how fast his son was.

"Sorry." Amaris said, and ate slowly. Arthit again chuckled and messed his hair a little. "Good boy."

"Papa." Amaris called out, as he placed a spoon full of the dish Infront of his papa's mouth. "Eat." Arthit happily opened his mouth and ate the dish from the spoon. "Delicious."

"Of course! Papa cooked it!" Amaris said, proudly. Arthit chuckled and said, "What a sweet talker." Amaris just let out a small laugh and continued eating.

After dinner, the same routine started, Arthit would clean the table and wash the dishes while Amaris was helping him.

And, after that. Arthit took his son to take a bath. "There you go." Arthit said, after he finished changing Amaris' clothes. "Now, it was time for bed." He said, slightly pinching Amaris' nose. "Papa, tell me a bedtime story." Amaris pleaded, swinging his papa's left hand. "Please?"

Arthit again, messed up his son's hair a little and responded. "You wouldn't fall asleep without a bedtime story, would you?"

"Nope." Amaris replied simply. Amaris then, gradually pulled Arthit with him which left Arthit, chuckling. "Alright, alright. Bed time it is." He said, and picked a book from the bookshelf.

Arthit then, grabbed the chair from Amaris' desk and placed it next to the bed. He sat down, and began telling Amaris the story, "Once upon a time, there is.........."

"And they lived happily ever after. The end." Arthit closed the book, and looked at Amaris. "That was a wonderful story."

"I know, right." Arthit then, stood up and placed the book back. He then went back to Amaris and gently caressed his face, "It was time to sleep now, little one. It was already late."

"But i don't want yet!" Amaris protested. "Papa, can you read another one?"

Arthit shook his head and then arranged Amaris' blanket. "But you have to sleep. You have a school tomorrow, remember?" Arthit asked, "Now go to sleep."

Amaris couldn't argue anymore, and said; "Fine." Unwillingness and irritation could be heard into his voice. "Good."

Arthit was gently patting his son's bum while singing him a lullaby to put him to sleep. And just for a few minutes, it worked. Amaris was already sent at his dreamland. However, Arthit didn't even move for a second. He just stayed there, staring at his son.

Although Arthit didn't want to admit it he still couldn't deny the fact that Amaris was just like his father. From how his son spoke, act, and even to their facial features. Everything from his son, and its father was really the same. Even the name could remind him of him.

Arthit then, slowly and carefully caressed his son's face, and kiss it's forehead. "Sleep well, little one." He whispered.

C H A P T E R | 04
by: anonymouslylazy

Side note: Amaris' name actually means "Child of a moon." In Spanish.