𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 | 25

{ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 25: 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲 }

 ̄ ̄

"What are you doing here?" Arthit asked seeing the CEO Infront of his apartment building, early in the morning. "Picking you up, what does it looks like?" Kongpob sarcastically replied, leaning against his Jeep Wrangler; a car that he uses personally and was the same car they used yesterday.

"We could take a bus just fine. Thank you." Arthit said and walked out from the building, holding his son's hand. Before he could go further, Kongpob immediately blocked his way and stood firmly infront of him. "Please, Arthit. I insist.".

Kongpob then looked at Amaris and asked him softly, "Amaris, do you want to have a ride with Uncle?" Amaris then looked at his papa to ask a permission and Arthit nodded at him. "I do!" The kid excitedly replied.

"Well then," Kongpob then walked up to the car and the two followed him. Kongpob helped Amaris get in as it was quite high from his reach and when it was Arthit's turn, Kongpob requested something from the older, "Can you sit in the passenger seat?"

Arthit bit his lower lip and said, "Alright," and then opened the door on the passenger seat and got in.

The ride to Amaris' school was quite more lively than how it is yesterday since Kongpob and Amaris talked all the way. Although, they just got to know each other for a very short period of time, the two seemed to grew close to each other.

While as Arthit on the other kept quiet and let the two talk. It surprised him that Amaris easily got attached to the man whereas usually, it takes quite a long time before Amaris be comfortable to others.

Soon, the three arrived at the first destination and Arthit was the first one to hopped out of the car and fetched his son in the back. Just like yesterday, Kongpob stayed behind and just watched the two from afar.

Kongpob could only wish to himself that everyday would be like this; he get to see Amaris being dropped off to school and then pick him up afterwards. But for now, he wanted to cherish this moment, who knows when or will he ever see this precious moment again.

Once Arthit came back in the car, the two started to drove to their destination.

"Amaris was a quite talkative child, isn't he?" Kongpob commented, trying to lighten up the mood between them. "Yeah, he's a very talkative kid." Arthit replied. "He's always like that?" Kongpob asked. Arthit again replied, "No. He's just talkative to someone whom he feels comfortable with. And he seemed like comfortable around you."

Kongpob pursed his lips and nodded his head, "I see." A few more minutes of silence again surrounded them before Kongpob opened up a new topic. "Right, after the Hotel was finished, I would like to invite everyone on your team to a beach trip in Pattaya. A closing party, you know." Kongpob started, "You could bring Amaris too if you wanted to."

Arthit nodded his head, avoiding to look at Kongpob as the latter stared at him. "Sure, I'll let them know."

Kongpob's gaze turned back to the road, whereas Arthit was still looking at the window. None of them talked and stayed in silence until they reached the company.

"Thank you for dropping me off." Arthit thanked Kongpob after they came out of the car. "No worries, were.....old acquaintances anyway." Kongpob replied, having a second thought if "old acquaintances" was even the right term to use.

The two shortly parted ways from there, going to their respective works that they needed to attend to.

When Arthit reached their cabin, Vee and Feen was already there. "Morning." He greeted. "Morning to you too, Arthit."

"How did you get here?" Vee asked, "I saw your car on the parking lot earlier and you seemed have to left it here." Arthit pursed his lips and said, "Well, a friend gave me a ride. My car is damaged and needed to be repaired that's why I left it." Arthit answered smoothly. "What friend?"

"Ah–" Arthit suddenly taken aback with a question. "damn it what shall I tell them?" He asked, mentally slapping himself.

Before Arthit panic even more, a little white lie came out from his mouth, "From college," He answered quickly. "Yes, a college friend!" Vee then raised his hands up and said, "Alright. No need to be defensive!"

Arthit never intended to say it out loud but he was nervous at the moment that he shouted making more like he was being defensive. Hence, he doesn't want everyone to know that it was the CEO who gave him a ride, afterall, everyone knows that he was not close to the CEO.

"Sorry." He apologized immediately and went back to his seat. The two exchanged looks thinking if there is something wrong that they asked.

_____

"For today's schedule sir, you'll have a lunch meeting with Mr. Suppakit by twelve noon." Arm looked straight at his boss. "Is that all?" Kongpob asked, arching a brow. "That is all, sir."

Kongpob nodded his head and then asked, "About Arthit's car?" Arm smiled and replied, "It's already been taken care of, sir." Kongpob again nodded his head saying, "That's great then."

"If there is nothing anymore that you'll need, I'll take my leave now, sir." Arm said, walking to the door and walked out of the office.

Soon after Arm disappeared from the door, a knock was heard at the door, "Come in." Kongpob said, not caring to look at the door but he did noticed a figure of a woman coming in. "Hey," The woman, none other that Fang, greeted, "I brought you a lunch today." She the put the lunch box onto the table, Infront of Kongpob. "I made you a soup and a tuna sandwich."

Kongpob only took at glance at the lunch box Infront of him and went back, reading the file he had in his hand, "I could eat by myself, no need to bother coming here and bringing me lunch." He said.

"Come on, Kong. This is the least I could do for you." Fang reasoned out. Kong sighed as he put down the file and looked at Fang straight in the eye, "If you are just doing this to win me over, I'll tell you frankly. I wouldn't like you in anyway possible so please stop this, you are just wasting your time on these nonsense."

Fang was clutching her fist and sighed, "Kongpob, why don't you give me a chance. I really really like you." Kongpob then calmly responded with, "Well i don't. And i don't like my time being wasted into these things. So please, if there was nothing more, leave my office." Kong then kindly pointed his fingers to the door, "And bring your lunch box with you."

Fang was pissed off as soon as Kongpob said those words and didn't wait for any second and grabbed the lunch box she brought and stormed off the office angrily, making all the employees who see her looked confused.

"What happened?" An employee asked, "The CEO probably drove her away." The other one said, "It's such a pity. Even someone beautiful like her still couldn't win the cold-stone heart of the CEO."

C H A P T E R 25
by: anonymouslylazy